Monday, 18 November 2013

Continental facts

I just stumbled on this and I couldn't help but share! Who knows who would learn something new.
Antarctica is the highest, driest, coldest and windiest place on earth. It is the location of the South pole.
There are no national governments in Antarctica. Instead, Antarctica is governed by a treaty signed by 45 nations. The treaty states that Antarctica is a free and peaceful territory. The treaty also supports open scientific exchange and protects Antarctica's natural environment.
Antarctica is 98% covered in snow and ice. That's 80% of the ice in the world! The remaining 2% of the continent is rock.
The biggest hole in EArth's ozone layer is located over Antarctica.
No human beings are native to Antarctica.

Now this is really some wow facts!

10 comments:

  1. So if Antarctica is the South pole, where is the North pole? I need to get in touch with Santa Claus prompto. I would like to request for my Christmas present in person. Can you please find out? Thanks.....^smile*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arctic is in the north pole. Can you stand the cold diva? Lol

      Delete
    2. Yes, thank you. Packing my bags, i need to get there on time before all the presents are packed.

      Delete
    3. Lol lol. Sha bring me some chocolates

      Delete
  2. LOL I am going to brag.... I knew all that about 9 months ago!

    Well researched (Y)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As for me im not even going to lie. I just knew all that now.

      Mr anonymous

      Delete
    2. Am glad you learnt something new!

      Delete
  3. Though there are no natives there,they have citizens they actually fly pregnant women there to give birth. Spent two hours of lecture learning this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. I also learnt something new thanks to anon

      Delete