Tuesday, 31 December 2013

2013 in retrospect

In less than 20 hours, the curtains would draw on 2013 and 2013 would be spoken of as last year, the previous year and so on. Well, I'd say it has been a year that was fair in more ways than ever to me although I had my fair share of the vicissitudes of life also.
2013 started on a not too bright note.
January was just there, I was recovering from a broken relationship, I was downcast but held my head high still.
February rolled in silently, I met this dude, we clicked and I fell in love(?). My bff marked her birthday and we spent it at a motherless babies home in Abeokuta.
March, lectures and all, project ish, we were all loking forward to enjoying our last semester as undergraduates.
April more lectures, deadlines to meet.
May, the pressure was terrible! I guess the first cracks started developing but we probably didn't notice, my aunty was elevated from the bar to the bench (Judge things).
June, it got to a head here but I had my final exams to face. 28th I wrote my last paper as an undergraduate.
July, I was a year older! Whoop whoop!! ..........and the ASUU brohaha that would last 5 solid months started.
August, strike strike strike
September, strike
October, started blogging, strike strike strike
November, elder brother was called to the Nigeria bar, it finally dawned on me I wouldn't serve this year.
December, ASUU finally called off the strike *not interested bb smiley*
So my sweethearts, you see my year was very boring! In the course of the year, a friend stopped being my friend, am not really bothered because I can't stand people that think for me; like you don't know what's on my mind and you just assume and when am trying to call for truce, you give me that harsh tone! That's a no-no for me at this age! 20 friends can't play together for 20 years abi? Also in the course of blogging, I met great friends and I hope we get to meet one day *group hug*
Thanks to everyone that commented (Petite, uche, mr anon, uje, leona, hannah, bukola, tope, niyi, fati, sewa, mayowa, mayowa unaab, fikemi, buiti, porsh, eya, toun, if I didn't mention you no vex, I don dey old *covers face* and to all of you that visit but don't comment, I appreciate but I'd appreciate more if you drop comments! It gives me the drive to continue!
I appreciate my parents for buying the bb am using to blog,family, my sisters from another mother (bukola n tope, its been 6 amazing years of friendship!) I love you all!

15 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwww.....smart post!! U did awesome replaying a whole year in a few words!! Looking forward to that *group hug*......muaaaaaaaaaaaah!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog stella! *mwah*

      Delete
  2. Nice post... Thank God I met You too @ the dying minute of the year, I'm dropping almost all My friends n gf too. I look forward to Me, Myself n Information that brings inspiration in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just be sure you know what you doing jay. How r u feeling now?

      Delete
  3. For all of you who don't know who Tope is....It is I *BLUSHING*
    My friend....you are amazing *kiss*
    I can't wait for next year, we are going to do great and mighty things upon the earth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You this girl! Smh
      I can't wait for next year too *hugs*

      Delete
  4. Sometimes the only thing you have in common with old friends is your past.

    If nothing beneficial is being added to a friendship then I don't see any point to it. And I don't feel bad about cutting people out of my life. If there's any need for them again in future then our paths will cross.

    Congrats to you and your family for such high achievements. Very impressive!

    Hahaha.....you thanked your folks for the BB...awww...sweet.

    My 2013 was good, generally, so I am hoping for an even better 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hanks dee!!!!!!!! I just had to so they can buy macbook for me oh *rme*
      I hope for greater things too

      Delete
  5. Lol I see my name... you welcome dear
    www.fashionitazbybuiti.blogspot.con

    ReplyDelete