Thursday, 2 January 2014

Mr Nobody (Anonymous)

I know a funny little man,
As quiet as a mouse,
Who does the mischief that is done
In everybody's house!
There's no one ever sees his face
And yet we all agree
That every plate we break was cracked
By Mr Nobody

'tis he who always tears our books,
Who leaves the door ajar
He pulls the buttons from our shirts
And scatters pins afar
That squeaking door will always squeak
For prithee, don't you see,
We leave the oiling to be done
By Mr Nobody

The finger marks upon the door
By none of us are made
We never leave the blinds unclose
To let the curtains fade
The ink we never spill;
The boots that lying round you see
Are not our boots, they all belong
To Mr Nobody.

Am sure we are familiar with this poem! As kids we never admitted to any offence so my dad made my brothers and I learn this poem. My lil cousins now do same so I had to google it and share.
What poem reminds you of growing up?

6 comments:

  1. I never knew all the words, but remember I always echoed to 'by Mr Nobody'! Lol. Happy new year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As in! Those mouth chopping moments when reading multiplication tables. Lol. I wish you the same

      Delete
  2. This brings back memories. Tnx

    ReplyDelete