Sunday, 9 February 2014

.............................

Well, this is a deviation from the norm, and please don't link this post with valentine oh *rme*
It dates back to 2004, I was in SS1, I went with students of my dad's school to UI zoo, seated beside me was this dude, handsome, chubby, tall, etc..........I was a starry eyed teenager, I didn't know anything about love but there was this connection between us. Both of us were quiet but admist the silence and all, we could feel some current and all. By the time we got to Lagos Ibadan express way, we couldn't stand the pretence. I can't remember who talked first but we got talking and even when we got to Ibadan, we were lost in our teenage fantasy world. After that day, we looked forward to the next time we would meet, somehow we managed to attend events like debates, quiz etc where we would be present as it was the only hope of our seeing considering the fact that you were in the boarding house and pop was your principal......oh well, I looked forward to reading and replying your letters.....you used to call me ada and I called you obim....I remember in SS3, in the chemistry lab, both of us were so emotional because graduating from high school meant separation; you promised to come back for me no matter what. Well, after we left school, we lost contact, I searched for you on facebook to no avail, I asked everybody........it was like you were missing or something......I guess I got tired of waiting so I started dating someone else but I still hoped you'll come and get me one day. I found you after 8 years....it was very painful.....we tried to catch up on old times but it was obvious maturity changed our taste. I no longer felt that strong thing I used to feel.........you know what they say that we can't always stay, sometimes we have to move on. We're not always given a choice. At some point, people don't have to stay. Some do, some don't. Along the line, I've come to realise what I felt wasn't exactly love but it was deeper than ordinary friendship....it was more of feelings of connection. Last week tuesday, I was sorting through the pieces of my past and I tried to savour the good parts but I broke down and wept like a baby.... I wept hard because the last time we talked, you said you didn't want to further your education due to some challanges. I remember I cried, begged, etc but your mind was made up. Now am a graduate and I feel bad because I remember we had dreams..... You wanted to become a doctor; what happened to that dream? Why? I don't think I'll ever heal from the heartbreak you caused me by dropping out.
Now dear readers wondering why am ranting, there's nothing wrong living in the past, it feels good to remember....the memory was a happy one.......and to you Obiora, you will always remain special to me, you were my first crush, on that day, May 18,2004......I hope you finally eat your words and go back to school......and I hope you find the woman of your dreams Obim!

13 comments:

  1. Awww, bless you dear - I do hope he goes back to school x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to deviate too but may 18th is my sister's birthday. Anyways a nigga has gat to do what feels right even if its gonna cost him loosing those he loves. Hard though, but I wish he fulfils his dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! May born are secial people..... Well, I hope so too

      Delete
    2. Blogs should be about personal opinions/views. U just got yourself a new visitor.





      @iMannie ;)

      Delete
    3. Chei! See me dancing skelewu on my bed!!!!! Thanks dear

      Delete
  3. I love your blog already

    Oluyomi Odukoya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! Look who visited! Thank aunty yomi!

      Delete
    2. Aunty yomi don reach here too. Wowza!!!





      @iMannie

      Delete
  4. Hmmm... Pretty cute, accurately summarized and precise. Thumbs up.

    www.maturemindstalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete