Saturday, 1 March 2014

APOLOGIES


Hey sweethearts, am so so sorry I’ve not blogged in a while, I’ve been so busy! Like extremely busy!! Since I wouldn’t be going for service in March, I decided to get a job instead of staying idle at home and trust me, it’s been tasking!
I checked my page views sometimes in the week and I saw 6000+ page views and this blog is barely 5 months old. Am so wow-ed, Infact I don’t know what to say but I want to thank everybody who visits my blog religiously (you know yourselves), I appreciate those who always remind me that I’ve not updated anything new in a while, sweethearts, am so sorry, na work cause am.
Enough of my ramblings. Today is a new day of a new month and I just discovered that I didn’t read any book last month and that’s kind of strange, well, I got a new book yesterday though and I hope to start reading it as soon as time permits me. Asides the fact that I didn’t read a new book in February, I was reminiscing (I do that often) and I started to feel some void in my life. I miss having someone to fuss over and someone to fuss over me, I miss the university life, I miss my friends, asides that, I remember writing some things in my diary some 8, 9 years ago, well, time has passed and things didn’t go the way I thought they will. I hoped to graduate at 21, get married at 23, blah blah blah; I didn’t graduate at 21, am 23 and am not married, well, I don’t regret that part though because time has changed what marriage meant to me when I was a teenager, I now see life through bright coloured glasses and not the rose tinted glasses I used to view life back then, I now know love means something different from what I thought it meant back then…………….as I kept comparing my views of then and now and I was comparing them to the lyrics of goodbye heartbreak by lighthouse family (full lyrics down), the part that said
‘do you remember as a little girl
You had a picture of the world
And you’d think about the great things you would find
The thing is 9-5
And a struggle to survive
Aint exactly what you had in mind
But that’s the beauty of life
It takes a while to find
And you can’t have your way all the time’

And I felt better because I've come to realise that sometimes its not the way we plan things they turn out to be. Well, am living my life and am enjoying every single bit of it!

GOODBYE HEARTBREAK(LIGHTHOUSE FAMILY)
Don't be blind
In all the fated life
Something great is happening in your life
But all the noise
Is drowning out your voice
No wonder you've been feeling down
From time to time
You know that you'll survive
The day you realise
You can't stop day from turning into night
Hey you know you're gonna live
To find another day
It is just today things aint so good
Get yourself back again
You've got so much love
That you can't afford to lose

Chorus: goodbye heartbreak
Don't look for me
Cause I don't need you now
So long heartache
Don't look for me
Cause I don't need you now
I don't need you x3
Hey
I don't need you now x3

Vs 2
Hey, do you remember as a girl
You had a picture of the world
And you'd think about the great things you would find
The thing is 9-5
And a struggle to survive
Aint exactly what you had in mind
But that's the beauty of life
It takes a while to find
And you can't have your own way all the time

Hey you know you're gonna live
To find another day
But it's just today things aint so good
Get yourself back again
You've got so much love
That you can't afford to lose

Chorus till fade
Y'all should download the song, trust me, you'll love it!

XOXO

6 comments:

  1. Hi Seyon!!! Nominated you for the liebster award on my blog...you should check it :)

    Ujesta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apology accepted.












    @iMannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. E go better dear. btw dont see the follow botton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes oh my sister! Follow as in blogloving and so on?

      Delete