Sunday, 30 March 2014

Mothers' day!!!!

Today is mothers’ day and I want to wish the best mum in the world happy mothers’ day!!!!!!!!!!

Who fed me from her gentle breast?
And hushed me in her arms to rest
And on my cheeks sweet kisses prest?
My mother

When sleep forsook my open eyes
Who was it sung me sweet hushaby
And rocked me that I should not cry?
My mother

Who sat and watched my infant head
When sleeping on my cradle bed
And tears of sweet affection shed?
My mother

When pains and sickness made me cry
Who gazed upon my heavy eyes?
And wept for tears that I should die?
My mother

Who drest my doll in clothes so gay
And taught me pretty how to play
And minded all that I had to say?
My mother

Who ran to help me when I fell?
And would some pretty story tell
Or kiss the place to make it well?
My mother

Who taught my infant lips to pray?
And love God’s holy book and day
And walk in wisdom’s pleasant ways?
My mother

Ah! No the thought I cannot bear
And if God please my life to spare
I hope I shall reward thy care?
My mother

When thou art feeble, old and gray
My healthy arms shall be thy stay
And I will soothe thy pains away
My mother

And when I see thee hang thy head
Twill be my turn to watch thy bed
And tears of sweet affection shed
My mother

For God who lives above the skies
Would look with vengeance in his eyes
If I should ever dare despise
My mother

Trust me I was a very stubborn kid when I was growing, I even though I was adopted and I was hopefully waiting for my real parents to come for me because I saw my mum as too strict but hey! Everything I learnt is so useful to me now. Even with my multiple wahala my mum never cursed me for one day. Mama when I hammer, I pray you are well and alive to enjoy the fruits of your labour. I love you more than I tell you I do mama!

7 comments:

  1. Happy mother day to my mother.
    Beautiful piece you wrote here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mothers day to all the mothers who bore Us for nine months, n still went through the stress of bringing Us out, swallowing Our stubbornness, blessing Our every step with blessedness, calculating Our days with lovingkindness. Mum I can't really explain how generous You've been to Me, You loved Me, cuddled Me, prayed, stayed with Me even when My dad messed up, You took the pain from Him n the stress from Me just to keep Me. My Pride, I promise that as life keeps Us together, I'll tell the world about You n remind You of those days You were there for Me... There's no way I could pay You back, but the plan is to let You know I understand, You're appreciated... I love You Mama


    Jay_Ricki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 'belated' Mothers' day to you mother, Amaka

    ReplyDelete