Tuesday, 18 March 2014

Sad!!!!!!!!

Am so so sad right now and nobody should try to console me. I did a hard reset of my phone this morning and the next thing I discovered is that my pictures and music are nowhere to be found. I don't use a memory card and that makes it worse. This phone has been acting funny in recent times and am not used to touch screen to ditch this for my sony xperia, besides the expensive data charges *i wonder when wifi will be free in Nigeria* the pictures didn't pain me as much as my enya and Osadebe collection; *wipes tears* I've been forming robocop since but the reality Is just dawning on me. Nawa oh
Anyway aside from that, let's talk about some wrong beliefs we were fed as kids because yesterday I was teaching the kids about rocks and they said when they were in basic four, their teacher told them that the last egg a snake lays turns to diamond *rotflmao* I remember my mum used to say women can't eat gizzard, the truth is I didn't taste gizzard till I was 18, omo, after I tasted it it was like I found a new love oh!
Another is I remember my mum used to tell me that when I wash onugbu (bitterleaf) I should throw away the water far away because if I cross it, my veejay will be paining me *sigh* well, I crossed the water several times self and nothing happened.
Another my yoruba friend used to tell me was that if I sneezed, it means I was being gossiped about somewhere! Kai! So much for ignorance
She also said if I hit my left foot against the stone it means I'll have a bad day! Lmao she said I shouldn't look at mirror at night, I can't remember why. Oya, over to you. What lie(s) were you told as a kid?
I remember the grand lie! That if you add water from the beach and water from the tap together, it will be 'fighting' lwkmd.

25 comments:

  1. Those beliefs! Lol. Anyways sorry about the reset on ur phone. Gradually u will get some of your favourite songs back. But e dey pain sha. Experienced somerhing similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You dont look too pained to me so you can have just 61% of this SORRY.
    Dont ever make eye contact with a guy (like me) when eating a banana.
    Your blog looks kindda better in btw.

    http://maturemindstalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lmao. Am actually pained oh. Lol, so what will happen if you make eye contact? See am not anti tech whatever *tongue out*

      Delete
    2. Reply this comment with a link to my blog or any blog you wish. Lets see how un-anti tech you've become. Your blog looks ready for Agriculture. That was what i was saying.
      Ehen... then just dont make the eye contact before curiosity kills ur pussy cat.

      Delete
    3. Hian! This one pass CCAN oh! I hope this works http://maturemindstalk.blogspot.com/2014/03/20-signs-you-might-be-sex-addict.html?m=1

      Delete
    4. http://maturemindstalk.blogspot.com/2014/03/20-signs-you-might-be-sex-addict.html?m=1

      Delete
    5. Kai, second trial no way, I'll keep trying till I get it

      Delete
    6. Last trial http://maturemindstalk.blogspot.com/2014/03/20-signs-you-might-be-sex-addict.html?m=1

      Delete
  3. Sorry dear!

    http://trendysturvsblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. lmao my God, wen i was still living in the village i was told that if you pick money on the road you will turn to yam especially during christmas season. Or is it now the white bird that flys by and we will start waving our hand singing hoping to have that moon shaped thing i our fingers. If you swallow orange seed it will grow out of you.
    www.thatnigeriangirl.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They told us that money own too oh, they said if you cut the yam, blood will be coming out! Lmao. I used to wave my finger too oh, lool. That seed own too, I remember

      Delete
    2. Lmao! Funny lines. Y'all said it all.











      @iMannie_

      Delete
  5. Sorry about your lost files, always keep a backup on your system next time.
    Was told many lies as a kid, can't even start reminiscing now

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was younger, My parents told me that an orange tree would grow in my stomach if I swallowed orange seeds, lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. They told me that if I bury the head of an agama lizard with some money, after 7 days the I'll see more money in the place I buried it. Nne I tried it mehn but I didn't even see my money again (I was in primary school then).
    Another one they told me was about a black bird like that, that if you catch it and put it in a cage after 7 days you'll die. I tried it severally and I'm still alive. Naija and superstitious beliefs.....SMD!!

    ICY

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you swallow orange seeds or any seed, it would grow on your head. If you eat while standing it would go to your legs.....lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh oh :( i hate it when i lose stuff. sorry about that.
    LMAO so funny...we were told when our left palm itches, we'll get money. if it's the right then we're meeting an important person. if we wore our clothes inside-out then we're getting money. if we pass in the opposite direction between two people then bad things will happen...ol girl! the list is endless LOL

    ReplyDelete