Sunday, 6 April 2014

SEVEN PILLARS OF CHARACTER

I stumbled on this article while browsing and I couldn’t resist sharing it with my esteemed readers. The principles are by John Hasell. Enjoy
Character is the very essence of a human being. It is one’s moral compass by which we conduct our lives and actions. Character evolves, and it can be developed although it does not change quickly. The seven pillars of character encapsulate the spirit of human character.
SELF RESPECT: knowing what we do and how we do it really matters
SELF RELIANCE: relying on yourself to make informed and workable decisions. Taking responsibility of own action
SELF EMPOWEREMENT: seizing opportunities to learn grow and build self confidence
PERSONAL VALUES: basing actions on strongly held beliefs and values courage and integrity
COMPASSION: Heartfelt concern for the good of others. Turning empathy into actions through service
TEAM WORK: more can be achieved by working together than working alone
ENVIRONMENTAL CONCERN (SOCIETY AND NATURE): thinking globally and acting locally

10 comments:

  1. Good post. Every human should have these seven pillars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post! Kudos





    Jay_Ricki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one, quite comprehensive. I see u're addicted to candy crush; so far, I haven't tried playing it, cos everyone I know that plays it is addicted.
    Enjoy your weekend, will drop by again soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by dear. I've overcome my candy crush addiction jare, when the pressure of work became intense, I forgot candy crush

      Delete
  4. Nice post. #BookMark









    @iMannie_

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm...insightful, these are the basics that form our character

    Thanks for sharing Amaka

    ReplyDelete