Monday, 16 June 2014

Friend zone

Once upon a time I used to think that friend zone existed in my head and not on planet earth but events have proven me otherwise.
So you see, I used to have a friend, I honestly can’t recall his name now, he works with KPMG (big boy things), we met on twitter (my bff has given up on me and my many online escapades) after a while we moved to whatsapp. When we got talking on whatsapp we practically spent the whole day talking about everything.
Along the line he was like he wasn’t ready to date, the last girl he dated fleeced him, in my mind I was like hian oga wait let me fall first before you start to feel yourself bros. somehow the calls and chats became far inbetween so one day bobo called me and accused me oh, we sha got talking on whatsapp again, he then called me one endearing name, I tackled him immediately and an argument ensued that lasted days. In the end, he was like I had zoned him, I was taking his love for granted and I was like chelukwa, did you even ask me out?
I have been accused of zoning so many of my male friends although some exaggerate. I guess the person whose zoning is on another plane is Deji. He is on big brother zone but he has no choice because there is no where he can push me to *bats eyelashes*
Back to the matter, it seems ladies have been painted to be the main culprit of zoning but I beg to differ, the truth is at one point of our lives most of us have been zoned besides I can’t possibly agree to every proposal I get nah! It is even more annoying when the guy hasn’t said anything and along the line, I meet another guy that sweeps me off my feet and it’s at that point he speaks up like what am I supposed to do? Place you on maga zone?
One chief reason why girls zone guys is when guys act like if you don’t date them, they’ll die. Nna I hate it when a guy acts desperately! Fine, initially the attraction is usually stronger from one person but that seemingly act of desperation to be with me puts me off. Love is a verb not a noun. You actions should speak for you not like everytime you call or text, you broach the subject.
Also, wait for common grounds and physical attraction before you make the move. Else you might be placed where you don’t like oh! Don’t gan be acting like a father figure, not everybody likes it. It’s also good to figure out what the other person wants before you make your move. Everybody knows am short and I’ve already said several times I want a tall guy so any short guy that is thinking before you talk your answer is no before we would look like pygmies from Congo while walking down the street.
The truth is most times after blurting out your feelings, things might not be the same especially if you two were good friends before one person caught feelings, you might have to bring the close friendship down to the acquaintance level.
You might feel jealous, angry especially if immediately after zoning you, you see them dating. Yes, it’s okay but trust me, with time and a healthy attitude, you’ll be fine!!

12 comments:

  1. Amaka this your write up this morning is questionable, I guess you re tryna pass a message to one of your crush or someone having crush over you. Lol

    Well my own idea about friend zone.It is possible to dig out of an uneven, "friend zone" exchange, with a little persuasion and influence. Go for what you want in a relationship and don't settle for less. Just remember to focus on your own worth, don't be desperate, and be willing to walk away. Allow some space for the other person to miss you. Make some friends outside of that friendship and create a little competition too. Finally, let that friend invest in you and reward them for it. If they truly value you in their life, then they will be much more likely to take the relationship to the next level. If they don't, you already have some new friends, your self-respect, and one foot out the door :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweetheart I don't have a crush at the moment neither do I know of any dude crushing on me *bats eyelashes *
      If I don't want you from the start, I rarely change my mind oh!

      Delete
  2. Hehehehehehehehe! Just as @amaka put me on blogzone. I have tried to cross over several times :(. There's God






    @iMannie_

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Mannie now this is a lie and you know this. Oya today it is going to move from blog zone to Uhm,......

      Delete
    2. Yaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!! I moved to errrm uhmm eeh *rme* :D







      @iMannie_

      Delete
  3. Erhmm...Amaka's crush in the building! Your stay at the friendzone is over - @moveover plzz....Mamacita - the friendzone is not supposed to be a wakeup call...it is a zone for the decided....it's called friendzone for a reason.....it's not ok to put a guy in the friendzone while observing him and tryna decide if you should hook up with him or not....(whispering how are you now?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha babes in Nigeria, the friend zone is reserved for guys you know you can't date oh!
      Am fine mami

      Delete
  4. Lool I like the brother zone better..
    www.tosyne101.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. And these are the words from the gods.
    www.thatnigeriangirl.net

    ReplyDelete