Sunday, 22 June 2014

Jealousy and friendship.

Jealousy has the power to ruin a friendship if it is not kept in check. Even the best of friends can get jealous of each other at times if they are both going after similar things in life.
You have to realize that you are two separate individuals who will each make his/her own way even if you have the same goals in mind. Allowing jealousy to seep too far into your mind and heart will only rob you of happiness.
Most times, when we feel jealous, self esteem is involved. A poor self esteem is the chief cause of jealousy. Check it.
Instead of getting jealous of your friend’s achievements, why not use it as an inspiration to having a better life?
From time to time, we need to step outside and cheer other people up. Even if you feel a pang of jealousy don’t allow it to linger for two long.
Have you ever had problems of jealousy in your friendship? How did you handle it?

11 comments:

  1. **clears throat**...I am only fessing up because today is Sunday..... One time I was very jealous of a friend of mine...she had bought the first iphone(wasn't even 3g)...I was supposed to wait for mine buh damn! that girl kept intimidating me....I just went into chinatown and bought mine....When I got home I realized it was labelled Telong....I mean WTF!....buh with time I had to learn that mehn..I need to be/do me and what is mine will def come to me..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahahahaha. Now that's hilarious! Telong? Tf is that?
      Yeah right, what's yours will always come to you. How are you?

      Delete
  2. Well I do feel intimidated easily so I do not get jealous of my friends, okay do I even have friends(lol) I just have few and I noticed most of them are jealous of me so I keep to myself a lot. What I have I don't know, the only period I find myself in the jealousy shoes is with my man. Shy anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read something Linda Ikeji said if you keep hating on others (jealously) God keeps blessing them and you never stop hurting. This alone has reshaped my thinking cos in the end happiness is all that matters and the sky is big enough for every bird na. #SayNoToJealousy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the sky is wide for the birds to fly!

      Delete
  4. I don't keep friends but I'm friendly with everyone lol. Okies I've gat a few acquaintances but nothing more than that. So I doubt if jealousy would ever be an issue. Moreover its a rampant thing with d female folks. *picks race* :D






    @iMannie_

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most times i just find something about my life to be grateful for.instead of hating on my friend for what she has.
    The Beautiful Eagle

    ReplyDelete
  6. What Ugo said. That's exactly how I feel and talk to myself instead of getting jealous. I count the many merits of being me.

    ReplyDelete