Monday, 28 July 2014

Late post.

Hello everyone *looks around* I apologize for holding you to ransom,  well,  I came to spend the holidays with my parents and as usual,  the electricity supply is zero *sigh*,  am actually on very short fuse tonight and I decided I wasn't posting nothing but I remembered Duru called me earlier in the day and I promised to update so I'll be bringing some manners everyone should know.

1. When asking for something,  say "please" .
2. When receiving something,  say "thank you". Be especially appreciative and say "thank you" for every gift you receive.
3. Do not interrupt people who are speaking with each other unless there is an emergency.
4. If you do need to get somebody's attention right away,  the phrase "excuse me"  is the most polite way for you to enter the conversation.
5. When you have any doubt about doing something, ask permission first.  It can save you from many hours of grief later.
6. Keep negative opinions to yourself or between you and your friends and out of earshot of others.
7. When people ask you how you are,  tell them and then ask them how they are.
8. Knock on closed doors and wait to see if there's a response before entering.
9. Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze and don't pick your nose in public.
10. When someone helps you,  say "thank you".
11. Help others out when you can.
12. Chew with your mouth closed.
13. Do not hurt people on purpose.
14.if you hurt someone, say "I'm sorry"  and try to find a way to make it better.
15. Do not use people's things without permission.
16. Treat others the way you'd like to be treated.
17. When you have spent time at  friend's house, remember to thank your host for having you over and for the good time you had.
18. When you make a phone call,  introduce yourself first and then ask if you can speak with the person you're calling.
19. Do not make fun of anyone for any reason.  Teasing shows others you are weak.
20. As you walk through a door,  look to see if you can hold it open for someone else.

And yes,  I missed every one of you and let me apologize in advance because I won't be bringing lyrics of the day in the meantime.

12 comments:

  1. Yay! You are here! I was bout sending you an email...(you won't believe it)... Ai.. At least you ok... Been checking your blog in the last hr.... Nanyt mamacita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I posted I wasn't okay but now am fine.. Thanks for caring sugar.

      Delete
  2. Nice post. I've been pretty much busy during d break too. Enjoy ur hols.







    @iMannie_

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post and nice blog. Moby says we have the same eyes lol. What do you think?

    www.buzzedbybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyyyyyyyyyyy, Gbemi visited us today!!
      If Moby said so then it might be true oh.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like these manners oh.
    I just don't understand why more people don't do it.
    But I will continue the manners that are already a part of me and I will make some of the suggestions you have mentioned.

    http://desiringyou.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many people hate change. That's just my explanation.

      Delete
  6. And she's back...*yaaay* welcome back huni. Greet your parent for us o. And these manners, is there a way we can force people to follow them? That sneezing and coughing without covering mouth, ewooo...I have suffered in the hands of Nigerians. Please preach it Amaka.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sad truth is many people know these things but they are not willing to change the status quo and like my mum will say, you can take a horse to the river but you can't force it to drink.

      Delete
  7. True that @ #19. I think it is TOTALLY wrong to make fun of others.... nice one Corper...

    ReplyDelete