Wednesday, 6 August 2014

The enemy of my friend is my enemy or friend????

When I was in the University,  I had this "friend" , note the quotation marks, that had a boyfriend who did everything to make her happy but she treated him like an outcast, eventually they broke up but I got to know from the dude.  Anyway,  I saw it coming.
The breakup was during the ASUU strike so when we resumed for our project defence,  the two man squad became a one man squad.  Since the dude didn't offend me,  we were still keeping in touch.
One fateful day,  he called me that he was in front of my college building, so I went out to meet him and we sat in his car gisting for a long time and I can be dramatic with my gesticulations. Somehow she got wind I was in her ex boyfi's car and I think she was watching from a distance. She later went on to tell a mutual friend to herself,  ex boyfi and me that since I knew she wasn't dating him anymore,  I should keep malice with him.  I just told her to grow up.
While growing up,  if one person picked on my circle of friends in high school,  the enemy automatically became my way too but later events proved me wrong as the two people involved would reconcile without my knowledge, making me look like a fool.
The decision to make the enemy of your friend your enemy or friend is one that you should be cautious about.  If you can,  always listen to both sides of the story so as not to end up fighting a battle you know nothing about.
Besides,  adult mend fences while kids tear fences apart.
Thoughts?

11 comments:

  1. You wouldn't believe thoughts of such scenario this flooded my mind recently. Well I don't see why you should stop being friends with your friend's ex. If I stopped talking to you then you must be some jackass I don't wanna relate with. I did that to some dude and I didn't even ask why they broke up before I cut him off.
    www.tosyne101.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mami.....Honestly, I think it is childish....like seriously...cuz you got some silly beef with someone..I gotta be mandated to have beef with that person??...Hell No mami!!...That is pure silly....Mami....I am with you on the 'adult mend fences' part....Hiya mamacita!!!!....I see you mami....

    ReplyDelete
  3. *passing by*

    I don't create or have enemies (At least none that I know of). Probably when I have one, I'll be able to relate.











    @iMannie_

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think is stupid to fight with someone just cus someone you know is fighting with them. My parents told me if they are having issues with someones dont give me the right to also have issue with the person. As for me if we were never cool before the fight i wont go out of my way to be cool with you but if we were frnds then sure i will keep talking with you.
    www.thatnigeriangirl.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmnnn I don't have friends, so i don't know how to relate to this on that level. However, on my Family level, I relate to this perfectly. You see THE ENEMY OF MY FAMILY IS MY ENEMY. I have soooo many Enemies that came out of them just mocking, insulting or belittling my family. Aswear, i block them for life. In my close they think I am disrespectful, but to me we are like a Hydra, cut off one head, and 2 more heads will grow and bite you. A harm to 1 Duru, is a harm to all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am too old to do stuff like that. As long as you didn't hit my friend or try to kill her then i think i am fine with talking to the guy.

    http://journalofapetitediva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amakaaaaaaa!!!







    @iMannie_

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You made a valid point but why didn't you finish the story. Wanted to know how it all end.
    www.justhealthng.info

    ReplyDelete
  10. i solidly agreed with you. you having a fight with my friend doesn't mean i have to pick up a quarrel with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I make sure that I listen to both sides of the story, and try not to take sides because taking sides does more harm than good in most cases. If both parties reconcile, chances are you will become their greatest enemy.

    ReplyDelete