Saturday, 6 September 2014

GRAMMAR 101

Hello lovelies, I know it looks like I've not been serious about blogging but really I never planned it this way. Things went terribly wrong but then thanks to my cousin that lent me her device I'll be updating as much as I can till mine gets replaced.
Today let's look at these two words commonly mistaken; junction and juncture.
These words fundamentally mean joining but junction normally means a place where two or more lines meet such as railway lines or electric wires. Juncture means coming together of events, in other words time or moment .
Wrong: at this junction, I have to leave.
Right: at this juncture, I have to leave.

16 comments:

  1. class greet: Aunty Thank you God bless you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day class ;) lesson learnt.

    No assignment? *rme



    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yeah right . All the best in your exams.

      Delete
  4. It have tey I visited your blog, its obvious I have missed a lot. Hope you're good dearie? I learnt something new today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will get better, fingers crossed. I find the English language very fascinating - seems we keep learning everyday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah yeah , it can only get better ma'am.

      Delete
  6. You won't believe that I didn't know you were back on blogville...Amaka o...I've missed you. How are you mami? Welcome back huni. So aunty, at this juncture, I say goodnight. Going to bed now. Welcome back boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehehehehehheh Moby of life eh...

      Delete
    2. I just had to find a way to return jare. I missed you too

      Delete
  7. At this Juncture Amaka, i beg that you go to a Junction where a SLOT store is located, and please buy a mobile device to help update :( Please.. Pleeeeaaassseee dont become like me and be posting once a week oh! :) Welcome Back Bubba.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could but man opportunity cost level naim I dey

      Delete
  8. Toh! Now I can also teach anybody that makes that mistake and be feeling like a pro. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete