Friday, 17 October 2014

RAMBLINGS.

You know sometimes I wish I were blogging anonymously because somehow there is this thrill I get when I read some posts by anonymous bloggers...oh well, enough of what I wish for.

So I've been trying to adapt to Sokoto and so far, it's been survival mode oh.
I stay in the corper's lodge and I have two roomies, not like it's a big room, it's a 6 x 5 or there about but then, a begger has no choice abi? I wanted to get a house outside of the lodge but considering the fact that Northern Nigeria is volatile and I do not speak their language (It's frustrating when you are talking to these people and they say 'no English'), I decided against risking my precious life for comfort.
I kind of received each of my roomies with hesitation (I was the first occupant) and initially, it was strange having to wake up to strangers and knowing it will be that way for the next couple of months; it was like we were walking on pins, not wanting to step our feet too hard so we don't get hurt but then, it's been hard. *sigh*
One is quiet but strange; I mean who rubs soap on her body before applying cream? The first day she did it, I was too shocked to talk but the fifth time, I just had to blurt it and man, all hell was let loose. She was like that is the way she has been doing all her life, nobody can change her, blah blah blah and oh well, I've left her alone. Afterall is it my skin?
The other one can nag for Africa!!!! fuck!!!! I mean we've all got issues too honey! She nags about how I wash, how I drink too cold things, how I leave my suitcase open and I'm like leave me the fuck alone!!!
With the other girls, every morning, someone must bitch about who stole her water or who used the toilet and didn't flush etc....but you know that we all need drama once in a while innit? after all if life is too smooth, it becomes boring.

P.S I read with shock Jay's comment  here , and my mouth was hanging for over 2 minutes and I want to address the issue here; Yes, I appreciate every click I get (tomorrow is our one year blogoversary) and I adore everyone who takes time to spend extra effort to comment but what I will not tolerate is any form of insult on either me or another visitor.
He typed this  "Amaka n love guide sef! Have You ever tried putting a post on how to be successful in exams, how to set academic goals, how to start up a small business with minimum capital, how to achieve success, how to make Ideas work, how to build a dream with elevators in it?
This is a reality blog for crying out loud n I think this love love love isn't helping. Pls upgrade n know that money is needed to finance love, success keeps love alive. Love can't exist in absence of moral value, teach Us how to build morals.
Its high time I visit blogs, read posts that'll keep My brain thinking hard. Remember a post You dropped late last year, till date I still visit that page for inspiration. Seriously, You messed My day... Wish Me exams luck jare...






#™Jeezuz_Jaireh™"
Here is my reply: this is a reality blog and I blog whatever comes to my mind, however, if you feel you are not getting enough content here, you could point it out to me without being uncouth or go to those blogs that offer what you desire.

Post your thoughts away!

21 comments:

  1. Some people are just uncouth!!! Ignore him please... you're doing a good job!! happy one year anniversary in advance, many more to come

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Esther why can't I comment on your blog? This is not fair oh *crying*
      You know Jay and I have been friends since Laila's blog so I'm still wondering what prompted that.
      Thanks dearie.

      Delete
  2. Hiya mami....I am not sure I know what to say tho'....I am actually speechless and I always have something to say....buh hey!...Congrats tho'..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I also don't know what to say but I like your reply.
    See plenty drama in that room oh, at least you will get entertained.
    Happy stay in sokoto oh....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the drama no be here my dear but I'm enjoying it too.. hehehe

      Delete
  4. Oh, by the way, you've been tagged.

    http://lifeasvira.blogspot.com/2014/10/20-random-facts-about-me.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lemme start by apologizing to U Amaka n every oda person who picked offence from that comment I posted. As a matter of fact, I love being inspired n the moment You inspire Me once, My whole being won't rest until I keep getting more inspiration from U. I talked about that post because 45% of d life I embraced in 2014 was as a result of what I decoded from that post n like I said, I saved dat page n guided it jealously until My lil cousin deleted it. If there's one reason why I'm alive, its to get inspired n also inspire ppl.
    Once again, I am sorry over that post.









    #Jeezuz_Jaireh

    ReplyDelete
  6. @jay, you berra be. I was about to blast you. I forgive you. Every blogger has his or her style and since this is a reality blog, amaka has the right to blog what she feels at that moment. Amaka, as for your room mates, sorry o. I have a big problem living with people o, i just pity my husband. For the first few months or years after we marry, i think i am going to be very weird to live with.

    http://journalofapetitediva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmmm my one and only diva, I don't know what to say but I'm guessing you both will be fine...in the future that is.

      Delete
  7. It must be really tasking having roommates at this age. Its one thing when you are in secondary school but as adults it's harder to cope. Just manage ok.
    Happy Anniversary Amaka. Wish you many many more years of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. babes, that is the condition I found my humble self oh...
      Thanks dearie

      Delete
  8. It makes everything less boring. Hope you re good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very good. I called you last week, you were not picking up.

      Delete
  9. Pls, that your rummie, i'd like to know... Is it her same bathing soap she rubs her body with or a different soap???
    Also, though am new to your blog and i like your posts but i'd appreciate if you stop the vulgar words it doesnt appeal to me & maybe a few other reader.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is the same soap she uses to bathe she uses to pre cream her body.
      About the swear words, noted.

      Delete
  10. The good thing about humans is our ability to adapt to anywhere we find ourselves. I guess u're adapting well hun'




















    #Mαηηiε

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy Moly! Are you kidding me? rubs soap on her body before cream? Tf? alright i get... she's a freak! *sigh*

    Jay, if you always wait for people to inspire you, you'll never rise to your greatest potential (no offence).

    Blogging has plenty of Niches just so you know, and this blog is clearly not a business and or motivational niche. #BeGuided

    #doctorbobby

    ReplyDelete