Saturday, 18 October 2014

TURN UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S OUR YEAR BLOGOVERSARY TODAY PEOPLE

yeah, I'm overwhelmed by the love I get here!!!!!
So today is our first year blogoversary...whoot! whoot!! I really do not know how to start but I remember I used to scribble lots of thoughts here and there and my bff will always be like 'sweetheart, you should start blogging' and I'll tell her blogging is for Linda Ikeji and co not me. I remember also that I was fresh out of a relationship and  was very hurt, everyday I'll be brooding about my ex and Tope kept on disturbing me but I'd shrug her off, so the issue of the national conference came up and I wrote an article and sent it to Japhet Omojunwa and he edited it and published it on African liberty (I'll post the link later when I remember it) so Tope was like instead of you writing and sending, why not start a blog where you can post as often as you like. So one evening, I was sulking as usual and playing with my blackberry when I just decided to open blogger and I registered www.seyonhundeyin.blogspot.com; my bff was the first person I called and she was very excited for me. I was like let me post this and she said fine, that was how I started this journey of a thousand mile.

When I set out to blog, I just wanted an outlet to take my mind off my ex but today, I've achieved more than that and I want you all to join me in celebrating *bats eyelashes*

Looking back to the months gone by, I'd say it did not come as easy as I though it will be; I have to beg and beg even my bff before she opens my blog as I get the I'm busy excuse and as I am not a fan of broadcast messages on bbm, I hardly send broadcast messages; all I do is put the link on my pm and talk to one or two people but well, I thank God that even though I am not where I'm supposed to be (blog wise), I can proudly call myself a blogger now with page views from even Latvia (beat that).

You see, blogging is more than writing what you think because the comment box is to hear the opinion of your readers both the good and bad and I thank God that asides one or two times, I've not had to contend with offensive comments here.

I love blogging because now, I get to share thoughts going on in my head with others and it inspires (albeit little) people reading my posts and my lyrics of the day *looks at Ernie* too makes people look forward to opening this blog.
Looking ahead, I did not think I would blog this long but here we are now *smiles* and I want to say that I look forward to having a close relationship with my readers (in case you do not know, y'all are family to me), I shall categorize my posts now (watch out), I'll post with pictures (I do not know why I keep postponing this), I'll blog regularly (I'm finding my feet back) and I look forward to being a better writer.

What better way can I end this? I'd like to appreciate my family (blog family, we gon take it a step further soon aii?) Ernie and Duru ( the way these two lovelies check up on me is amazing), Petite (I'm still using that shea butter for my hair *covers face*), Yours truly (my sugar of life), Tosyne, Temmy, Moby, Esther, Lily, Eve, Jay, Mannie(my love), Chidinma(name sake of life), Vira, Funmi, Amakamedia, all the anons that visit but are comment shy, Adesewa(I'm sure you are enjoying the joys of motherhood, come back to blogsville quick please), Yems (the original smoothie maker),Toun (my inspiration)...Toyosi (my cyber boo) Ugo, Pat (my sakeys), Ms cookie, bobby, mr anon, Cyndy.... I want you to know that I love and will never forget you....Tope Saliu, a sister more than a friend, my blog godmother(even though you are not a blogger but you spurred me to do this, you always have faith in me).


I cannot rule out the lulls that will still come but with the time I have spent so far blogging, all the hours of writing on my note pad and typing, the hours of reading other blogs and reading your comments has made me  a better person so I'd like to hear from you, yes you my childhood friend, my high school mate, my university mates, facebook, twitter and instagram friends, corps members and everybody I have ever come across.

Post your thoughts away!

34 comments:

  1. Whoop, Whoop!!!! Happy blogversarry babe!
    A year? I am proud of you!!! Please keep blogging oh.
    Congrats dearie. Where are we turning up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babes.... I'm proud of myself too and I'm glad I found my way to your blog.
      We are turning up in Sokoto *winks*

      Delete
  2. Happy One Year Blogoversary... Its been an awesome, splendid n wonderful ride with You this one year n I hope to see You breaking records n setting standards... Cheers to Seyon Hundeyin's Blog







    #Jeezuz_Jaireh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for staying close Jay and thanks for the kind words.

      Delete
  3. Happy One Year Blogoversary... Its been an awesome, splendid n wonderful ride with You this one year n I hope to see You breaking records n setting standards... Cheers to Seyon Hundeyin's Blog







    #Jeezuz_Jaireh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Amaka. Many more years dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I celebrate with you! Without controversy u surely love what u do. Keep it up cos the next level beckons. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats dearie... Its awesome reading your blog & you're a wonder...

    Happy 1year Blogoversary & many more year.
    Long Live Seyon Hundeyin Blog (SHB)...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats dear. I wish you many more years of blogging. Use the ori well o.....lol

    http://journalofapetitediva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations darling!! Cheers to more years of blogging!!! *hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats mami.....I am soo sorry I am late on this....**covers face** Soooooo sorry....I wish you many more years on the blogosphere....I have no worries bout that tho' cuz I know you are an awesome blogger and besides you inspire me alot....**whispering** I am not sure you know this buh I nominated you for the versatile blogger award....I think you should check it out.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand mami. Thanks for the award, I'll pick it up as soon as I can.

      Delete
  10. Okei my bad. I'm the last to comment. :(

    Congrats amaka. Bigger u! #Ipray












































    #Mαηηiε

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, you're not the last to comment Chuka. Hope you're fine though?

      Delete
  11. I hope it's not too late to celebrate with you........Happy Anniversary Babe.
    Your Post is always inspiring and challenging.
    I love your confidence and admire it a lot, your a fighter and give your best to everything..Keep rocking Mami :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *smiles* thanks Ugo... I admire you a lot too you know.

      Delete
  12. Oops! *drops in like Superman*... Happy Blogoversary darling, I know I should be in Sokoto but business won't let me.

    And I've moved from blogger to a custom domain. :) ... its now www.maturemindstalk.com

    Long Live SHB!!!

    I have some updates for you though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *checks him for any hurt* ok, I'll get in touch asap

      Delete
  13. Omg can't believe I missed this post. Happy blogversary to you and many more years of blogging. I'm one of your biggest fans!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats love....i know this is coming really late but i still av to say this. Many more years of blogging swirie

    ReplyDelete
  15. *clears throat* OK, i intentionally wanted to be the last to comment on this post *blinks twice*
    Happy belated Blogoversary dear. You're awesome, and you're doing an awesome job on here. Please keep it up!
    #doctorbobby

    ReplyDelete