Wednesday, 29 October 2014

WIFE MATERIAL OR NOT









This topic has been on my mind for a very long time but I've not had the time to be still and articulate my thoughts ....anyway I've finally been able to gather my thoughts.

I don't know about other parts of the world but in Nigeria where I'm from, a lot of emphasis is placed on marriage and especially on the bride; lots of things are expected of her and sometimes I feel for us (I'm not married yet but soon sha!). So great are the demands that an app was created to know your worth as a wife material oh!

So typically, a Nigerian guy will tell you he can only wife her if
#she can pound yam... Oh really? Even if pounded yam is not her traditional food? Even if she is tired all you care for is your pounded yam abi?

#she can cook....hello!!! Some ladies do not like cooking and I don't see why people make an issue out of it. I mean, I like to cook doesn't mean every girl's default hobby should be cooking.

#she is a freak in bed.... Yes yes!!! Amaka is all for this but that doesn't mean she can't learn if she is a greenhorn *winks*

#she is educated... Really? She must be educated before you wife her? Well, everyone has choices but if a lady is homely, I see no reason why she shouldn't be wifed.

There are many silly factors guys list, some even make me wonder if they have lost their damn marbles!!

While we all have that freedom to choose, we should be careful not to set high standards and unreasonable demands that will keep depriving us of our better half.

So guys, where you at? What are the qualities of a wife material? Who is a wife material?

P.S I've been trying to reach Ernie unsuccessfully since yesterday, honey please try to get in touch ASAP. X

22 comments:

  1. I try to stay away from this conversation...but must say some naija men just foolish with their wife material demands

    www.molarabrown.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dream wife must possess these qualities; she must be a devoted christain,God fearing,industrious,attractive,neat,she must has foresight and vision for her life,her mentality should almost be the same with

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice one! But that's. If your mentality is a positive one too.
      Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  3. Hiya mami...Phew!...Tibs has been a busyrambo lately...why not shoot me an email eh?...cuz I am always in and out of the house lately...okay the topic eh?....I think the general African idea of a dream wife is a woman who can cook and clean...**smh** if I were a guy, my dream woman would be intelligent and respectful...I have always been bout respect and I think as a guy I would want my lady to be respectful...the cooking thingy can ALWAYS be maneuvered...Good Sex is Mandatory...God-loving is a Compulsory.....the rest....**thinking** I think I can always manage...mami....do send me an email when you can..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Respect and intelligence are non negotiable for me too.. I mean I don't do mediocres.

      Delete
  4. I'm looking forward to reading their comments sha... they want so much dat they're confused now ehn

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's so much pressure on the ladies on this wife material thing. You want a God fearing woman but you are a liar, cheat, and even more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly we are in that part of the world where women are to be heard and not seen. God help us

      Delete
  6. Biko, Where are the guys?
    I think this' just some part of the wife material ish i've heard, some boys*not real men* are more concerned about the physical features and worry lesss about this. Others feel once she's a great cook, then that's all.

    Well!, If i were a boy...........iono

    ReplyDelete
  7. In all honesty, I don't have a particular demand from a lady. All I want a some1 I won't get tired of being with.

    But if u force me to make demands, eh I'll say #WifeHer if she gat ass like kim k. #Okbye























    #Mαηηiε













    #TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post poses some good questions, especially I am currently facing my own marriage in less than a year (wow that is crazy to write, I sometimes forget how soon my wedding is!) and I am constantly thinking about how my life will change when I am married to someone else. I am so excited to share every moment of my life with my fiance but I also worry that I won't measure to the wifely standards that are out there (as your list goes over)... For one thing, I need to start cooking more-- I usually have the excuse that I'm never at home long enough to buy ingredients, but the truth is that I'm just being lazy :( Also, I'm worried about how I will contribute to the household since he is older than I am with the steady, full-time job and I am only working part-time while I'm finishing school. And many other things-- like how we deal when things get tough?! I need marriage counselling haha.

    xx Debbie

    www.whatdoffydoes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's perfectly okay to have these fears as the big day draws close but honey you'll be fine.
      Maybe you should discuss those fears with him. X

      Delete
  9. Any guy that comments on this topic is gay... & Amaka is the S.I unit of a wife material.



    www.maturemindstalk.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toyosi you go chop slap! And thanks for washing me ehn. X

      Delete
  10. Hehehe *clears throat*
    Intelligent, Independent, industrious, respectful, God fearing... ICT inclined - added advantage *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think most men want a wife who is a good cook. However some of them don't mind.
    I have seen men swallow soggy and salty food with aplomb.
    Respect is something most men seem to want, but like food some also don't mind.
    Someone who will be a good mother to can also be considered wife material.
    A supporting and encouraging woman is another one.
    All the rest are subject to individuals. Good sex isn't as important to some as good food or education,respect etc.

    ReplyDelete