- You trust him: Trust is key. You need to be able to trust the man you plan to spend the rest of your life with, not just to be loyal and faithful but also to be honest and frank about other areas of his life including money and work.
- He treats women with respect: The way your man behaves around other women, especially his mother or sister is a good way of gauging his true character. Marriage to a man who doesn't hold women in high regards isn't safe.
- He is supportive: When he is always there for you, no matter how busy he is with work or other commitments, he is your right choice. You are top on his priority list. Marriage is about being able to support one another in times of uncertainty or emotional unrest.
- He must be employed: If he is still living with his parents or relatives, he is not ready. Also, if he is unemployed and sits at home all day watching TV, he is not the right man for you.
- He takes you to his parents: If he has introduced you to his parents and is happy to show you off at family gatherings, then be sure he is planning to be committed. When a man shares you with his dearest and nearest, this is a clear indication that he envisages having you in his life for more than just a short time.
- He has a sense of responsibility: This makes him a great husband. A man who doesn't let you or others down when he knows he is being relied upon is a precious commodity. A man who doesn't come through for you on important matters and who squanders his cash instead of saving has a bit of growing up to do before he can be deemed reliable enough for marriage.
- He treats you well: If you start feeling bullied or constantly undermined, it's time to have a serious thought about whether he really is the right one for you.
- He loves children: If you notice that he talks about the future and includes you in his plans or he is always happy when the conversation turns to the topic of children, then he is ready to walk down the aisle.
- Friends and family approve: Their opinion of you man matters a great deal. it is those closest to you who often have your best interests at heart. If they seem troubled by your latest match, then there could be some cause for concern.
Post your thoughts away!