Monday, 15 December 2014

Cold war

Hello lovelies, how was our weekend? I trust we had a fantastic one. Well, for me I'm not sure I did and I'm not too happy today either. I know we're supposed to continue the Character counts series but I'll be making a change ( just for today I promise).

Oh well, I said I'm not happy yeah? Here is how the story goes.

I have two roomies, let's call them K and J. Today I'll be focusing on K.

I noticed when she moved into the room that she was quite annoying but I choose to ignore. On a good day I am very vocal but since I started my youth service I've been selectively quiet. When people say I am quiet and I tell them I'm not they don't believe but that's not the focus for today.

The NYSC scheme is for graduates of Nigerian origin, both local and foreign trained who are less than thirty years old but I stumbled on the fact that K is in her late 30s. After that discovery, I could tell why she behaved in certain ways and if I was indifferent about some attitude of hers before, I became VERY indifferent on one hand and quite sympathetic on the other hand.

Few weeks ago, batch C corps members came around and since the lodge is full, there was a minor reshuffling for the time being till they were done with their documentation so J and I were allocated to join the batch A (we are batch B) and that was how it all began.

The girl that was supposed to sleep on my bed eventually left as she had alternative arrangement outside so I went back to my room leaving me with K and one batch C. Before night fall she started giving me attitude, she was puffed up but I was still trying to joke with her, when I saw it wasn't working I decided to blank her.

The next morning, she did not reply my greetings, she started nagging as usual and that was it for me! I moved her to the section of my heart where ignored people occupy. It went on for say three weeks (it is still on though) then she started telling people that she helps me but when I was allocated another room I couldn't say no and I did a mental calculation but couldn't point to any help she rendered me, she said lots of rubbish too but since I couldn't see what offence I commited I've been carrying on happily. Then she fell ill.

Two days ago, J called both of us (K and I) and started talking about how K would rather report J when she offends her instead of telling her and I was just listening silently. When J mentioned the fact that K went to report us that she fell ill and we couldn't tell her sorry or ask what the problem was, I became irritated and told her point blank that since she woke up one day and decided to start a cold war with me for no apparent reason ( I do not see the big deal in the fact that we were reshuffled plus I eventually slept in my room oh!) Then there was no reason she deserved my care because to me that would be like me playing to the gallery or doing eye service. I think that calmed her down a bit and she's been trying to offer petty services to me (for example I washed and hung it out and she brought them in for me) but really, it baffles me when someone who is well over 11 years older than me will be behaving like a baby! Truly age is not maturity.

Lovelies, that is the situation I found myself in oh! That's what is making me unhappy. Any advise for me? How do I handle her because I've never met someone this immature, I mean at an age where one should have been making money or thinking of ways to become a better person but that fellow chooses to act like a kid, I don't know what to do or how to handle it because like my people will say, "leyin aponle, abuku lo kan" meaning after respecting you enough, it is disgrace that follows.

16 comments:

  1. ignore her with the intent of avoiding trouble untill you see a change in her........or change your room........or stop pretending to be quiet about this and free your mind......either of this will make you happy but i know the last one will really make you happy.........Just talk to her about it, it will help.
    Are you staying in a family house???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When batch A passes out in February I'll have a new room.
      Well after I told her my mind she knew she was being irrational.
      I stay in the corper's lodge oh, I can't stay in the family house with their plenty rules mbok

      Delete
  2. Amaka, take this word (some people no dey grow up finish). Don't ignore her . Just interact with her. Some people are not all that expose like you.


    #Showsomelove biko

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roomies could be a serious pain in the neck, back, legs.. in short every part of the body sef....lolz
    ignore her when she misbehaves.. But if she's ill, you shouldn't because of her wahala, not at least tell her sorry or even take care of her. That will show how big and non-petty you are.. It is well dear

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew!!!! I am soooooo glad we talked...mami...I don't wanna sound terrible buh like I said, Murder has to be legalized at some point....I was pretty upset....(still am tho')...I mean...you all came together cuz you all gotta serve your country and instead of her to cherish the little time she has with you guys (cuz she doesn't know where else she would meet you guys) she is cooking up crap and pissing everyone off...I mean really???....Stuffs like this piss me off....cuz I don't understand how a lady old enough to be my older sister would act like a kid....Grrr....I am just gonna keep calm and not lose my cool....buh mehnnnnnnnnn.....**sigh** It is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad we talked too, thanks a lot dearie *hugs*
      I don't understand the way people behave really. I mean when you feel someone offends you it's only proper you tell the person instead of bottling it up afterall nobody is a mind reader.
      That call was needed jare

      Delete
  5. okei! I dunno if its just me but I'm finding it difficult to post a comment here.













    #mannie

    ReplyDelete
  6. there's no right/wrong way to deal with such humans. just do what u feel u can tolerate and cope with. #Bless









































    #mannie

    ReplyDelete
  7. she should chill o, lol she should gbe ishan le. Maybe she's going through stuffs mehn if you hear what many people go through. She over 30, that's enough to make anyone angry at the world, but she should be mature about things. Is like she's high abi anyways just ignore her and help when you can...it doesn't mean you are doing eye service.
    All these rummies should chill o! I am happy you are ok jare don't let anyone talk down on you, I trust you sev, you said u have caustic tongue lool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if she's going through anythin that's not an excuse to act weird jare abi kini mo so? As for taking care of her, hmmmm I go think am sha.
      Lol I've not lashed her yet oh.
      Success in your exams babes. X

      Delete
  8. Babes, abeg ignore her..... She's not worth your saliva
    If as old as she is she doesn't behave like her adult then you should treat her like a child

    ReplyDelete