Thursday, 18 December 2014

Despise not the days of little beginnings

Inakwana? Antashi lafiya? Hehehe that's me rapping hausa *shines teeth* inakwana means how are you and the reply is lafiya meaning fine while antashi lafiya means hope you are fine and the reply is lafiya kalau meaning fine no problem.
Oya today is not hausa 101, I just felt like showing off a little and tell you what lovelies, the weather here is something else! I mean Ella can testify that the harmattan is something else. You need to see the way I dress like I'm going to space. Even the air is so dry and I heard the cold has not started yet oh!! Choi

In other news, school vacates today but the flipside is that we are resuming on the 29th of December, 2014. Not reasonable yeah? Well, it's a muslim state and they have celebrated their islamic new year, infact that day was a public holiday but as for me, I'm already packing and by God's grace I shall be on my way home by weekend. I can't wait to be in Lagos really! My first bff ever is getting married and I'm part of her bridal train....nne I can't wait!

Oya enough of my preamble. Today we'll be discussing "the days of little beginnings".

Zechariah 4:10a (I'm sure some people don't know where that is in their bible *eyeing somepeople*) says "For who hath despised the day of small things? For. They shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven".

Few months after I moved here, I started thinking of how to make extra income and since I'm not in love with buying and selling, I remembered I'm good at impacting knowledge so I printed flyers and started distributing for extra mural lessons; some people were laughing at me asking me how much I'll make from that but I didn't allow it dampen my spirit. Well, I told one that no matter how small the money is, it will augument my little income because everybody knows corpers are always broke before 15th of the month and this state doesn't pay us till 5th of the next month (so my December salary will be paid circa 5th Jaanuary 2015!).

Many of us see NYSC aas a flexing period but seriously, I see it as a period you can make money. While I'm not saying you should abandon your place of primary assignment but you can use your free period to take home lesson, do a trade (sell clothes, recharge card, etc) and since rome was not built in a day, don't expect to break even the first time. Ask Dangote and the likes, I'm sure it business didn't look good when they started but look at them today sitting atop multi million naira empire.

Remember, if you are faithful and dedicated when handling a small business you will also do same when handling a large business.

Thoughts?

19 comments:

  1. Na wa o. So I have to learn Hausa from a Yoruba girl who is only in the North for months. Shame on you, Kehinde. To think you have been here since '98 and all you know is "Yanrinya" and " nono". Seyon, thanks for the Antashi Lafiya. Safe trip back home. Lagos scorching sun is waiting for you.

    @ Ernie Tibs, thanks so much for the B'day wishes on Google+. Been a while I read your unique style of writing. Stay good!

    Hullo to everyone. Happy New Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha
      Na only babe and milk you sabi bah?

      Delete
    2. Oh you are so welcome Papi...**blushing at the compliment**

      Delete
  2. Nne kedu ije??? Inakwana? Yes ooooo. Don't mind them jare days of humble begining. You have everything at your disposal use it well and right. And when you enter lasgidi 'state of mind' please don't forget those series you promised me that you would work something out. Safe trip back to lagos. *init* in lani's voice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adim okay.
      I won't forget to pass the books across when I come in.
      Jisike

      Delete
  3. True words dear, you don talk every finish.... And may God grant you a safe trip back home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teacher Kathy.... Nice one you're doing there

    ReplyDelete
  5. *thumb up* that's the ibo blood in u.















    #mannie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am so proud of you mami....Mehnnnnnnn...I couldn't speak Swahili if it will raise the dead....I know the basics and the insults...hehe...you should hear me gossip with my buddies.......you would think I am preaching...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mami. You inspire me too.
      I can't speak my language either *covers face*

      Delete
  7. Nice one. God will only bless the works of our hands

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your love for teaching is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your love for teaching is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete