Tuesday, 9 December 2014

So what if I refuse to say yes?

So if a girl refuses to date you or have sex with you, you two can't remain friends?


Okay, good morning people...before I typed this topic, I tried to summarise it but I couldn't. I'm actually angry as I'm typing this but oh well, I might just be calm before I'm done typing.

I'm not of the school of thought that believes that a male and a female cannot have anything together (platonic friendship) except they are dating or having sex; if that's the case then we might have to invent a sex-o-meter or something like that.

I grew up among guys so naturally when it comes to my choice of friends, I'm more comfortable with the male folk (of course I have great female friends too that have become sisters more than friends) so right from my growing up days, I've always been the object of gossip among my peers because where guys are gathered, that's where you'll find me.

On the flipside, I didn't give a hoot about the gossips because the truth is I did not have a boyfriend till I was 16 and out of secondary school and in MI's voice *if no one talks about you, then you are nobody*; it was even worse when I got into the university because they couldn't figure me *in eminem's voice* ...I'm digressing here.

I know guys are moved by what they see and it only takes few seconds (or minutes for the benefit of doubt) before guys steer the conversation towards personal stuffs not minding the fact that you two just met but guys, if you ask a lady out and she says no, it doesn't mean you two can't cultivate something else! In fact you two can become best of friends.

Fine, I know some ladies like the chase (most times I'm indifferent though because if I agree to date you today or tomorrow, the bottom line is that I'll still say yes) but please, it's quite annoying when a guy who was the nice, sweet gentleman suddenly starts acting aloof because you said no. How do I believe the feelings you were telling me about weren't surreal?

Thoughts?


24 comments:

  1. hehehehe Turn up Turn up ladies and gentle men, JdB is first to comment. Wow.. I never exssperected it :) I am shying shy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Bubba, to serious business, I just had to laugh at this post, heheheheheheehehe I say the following with all due respect accrued: "Amaka You nor well ooo aswear... issorait.. So one boy toasted you ba, and he is acting like a child afterwards.. Mehn bubba, i have to just say this, but we men are all wired in 2 ways, SEX or Emotion.. now you see most of us are unable to handle rejection, so we kinda go all personal on the rejecter, but in my young and confused head yeah, it all boils down to maturity. Mature niggas never get all pissed at rejection. Initially maybe, but after a while, it all wears off... Just tread carefully around those who get mad at you turning them down on sex oh, cause those are the wolf kind in the little red riding hood story. :)

    P.S: Bubba i saw your missed call in the early hours of today, Pele jo, my life has been a rat race in the past 2 months, i barely have time to even proof read my posts sef, but it gets better leading to Christmas... hehe **Wears Mr. Nigeria smile... Oya call me back ASAP. Cheers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm, it's really childish I tell you. oh well we all know the primal need of men.....the need to ejaculate *bats eyelashes* but then that shouldn't cloud their sense of judgement.

      Delete
  3. As far as I'm concerned, every female friend of mine is a potential girlfriend or more.
    Because, at the end of the day, every responsible man wants to marry a girl that is not only a lover, but also a friend..
    It is normal for a disappointed guy to react that way,, But when it persists, that's when it becomes bad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's important that your lover is your friend too but in a case where she says no and she becomes your enemy? That's a no no for me

      Delete
  4. Okei....Erhmm...**grabs bazooka** Who pissed mi mamacita off!?!?!?.....Grrr....now I am confused after reading this post...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe! Don't mind the dude jare. I'm calm now. Hiya?

      Delete
  5. I can only agree with what Austine said. Every female friend to Man is either a potential girl friend or a wife. And it is normal when a man outburst that way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ehen *side eye* it is normal yes but then do you guys expect to always hear yes? Sometimes you need to try harder!

      Delete
  6. I agree with u. I don't get some people. If she says no, don't be a baby about it. I am a guy kind of girl too. I really don't have a lot of friends that are girls but guys they are plenty. I always hang around guys.

    Http://journalofapetitediva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyy! Where have you been darling me?

      Delete
  7. Well in my experience if a guy asks you out and you decline, you two cannot remain friends. Some men are annoying immature and I will give you an example. In my hospital one of the guys I my hospital pursued me and when I said no, he started acting aloof. He would see me and look the other way and sometimes he tries to make me jealous by flirting with other girls. I could not care less because that's what prepubescent guys do - he has a lot of growing up to do !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, some men not all men though sha! Well......I can remain friends with some not all. Hiya

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There was this guy that asked me out one time, and I thought he was everything I wanted (that guy is hot o). Weeks later I didn't say yes and I got to find out what I felt was just mere admiration. I think me personally I need time to clear my head well before saying yes to anyone, its not like I am forming hard to get, cause the way I catch feelings sometimes ehn. Soo I told him no, and I was thinking we would continue as friends o, but mbanu everything just went dry, I asked him for his BBM pin he didn't say no but gave me a wrong one and I was chatting with one oyinbo. I was so pissed that I delete his ass from my contact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just plain childishness if you ask me

      Delete
    2. LmAooooo! Nigga dey para Oo. But that's such an immatured act from him.
















      #mannie

      Delete
  10. Hhahahahahahaha...the drama is just too much sometimes. Geeeeeez!

    ReplyDelete