Wednesday, 28 January 2015

Common misconceptions

Good morning lovelies, wow it's already the 28th of January... It was like few moments ago when we bid 2014 goodbye innit?  Well, I thank God my dear readers and I are doing good and in 17 days time,  Nigerians will be going to the poll to elect a new president and I'm going to be one of the presiding officers *exhaling deeply*.

Anyway,  today's topic though *bats eyelashes* Let's go.



I'm pretty sure we all know what that is? Yeah,  it's called waist beads. I'll just hit the nail on the head; I love waist beads and I wear them but on rare occasions when I had to bend or something, some people other than the boyfi would see it and the  next thing they be like "you must be good in bed",  "is that what you use to hook men"  etc and man,  the bile that fills my mouth when people say such trash ehn? !
It got me thinking and I told myself that if certain characters used waist bead to catch men,  does it mean people like me who wear it for the love of it are hookers too?

So I know that aside this waist bead or no waist bead,  there are lotta misconceptions that are also very common like wearing anklet makes one loose,  fixing eyelashes makes one a no good fella,  wearing g string makes me a lady of easy virtue...

Well, Hello guys,  yes I know the common cliche that first impression matters but the fact that one wears waist bead,  anklet,  false lashes and the likes doesn't mean the wearer is an air head after all the quality and content upstairs matters too innit?

22 comments:

  1. I hear say people wey they wear bead for waist dey carry ogbanje hahahahahaha. Can somebody prove me wrong #biko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shey na differentiation by first principle I go use prove you wrong ni?
      OK, I'm not an ogbanje

      Delete
  2. I actually love waist beads too. I still made for 3friends last year :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayy The famous Toin stopped by *dancing *
      Thank God someone like Toin can relate to this.

      Delete
  3. For real? Some peoe really need to transition their mind. Some people wear some things because they love them and not because they are of easy virtue. Growing up, people used to curse me for wearing trousers because they thought that made me a bad girl. Also people think girls who wear ankle bracelets are prostitutes. Rubbish! Nonsense!! Bullshit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wear waist beads (mine is actually chains) I wear anklets, I also wear g-strings, I fix my lashes once In a while hmmm... OMG somebody save me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chop knuckles babes. You na my person jare.

      Delete
  5. I don't see anything wrong in any one of them. You just reminded me of waist beads. I used to be crazy about them. Hmmmm I'm sorely tempted to restart my love afair with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayy new visitor alert!! Thanks for stopping by dearie.
      What are you waiting for hun? Leggo

      Delete
  6. I like waist beads and anklets on ladies. But I'm indifferent about the fake lashes. Once upon a time, I used to wear anklets too and some peeps termed me homo. lol well I no send anybody. I do whatever pleases my soul. Nice post.
















    #Mannie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My one and only Chuka, the father of my boo...
      Well said jare, do whatever pleases your soul jare.

      Delete
  7. Oooookkkkay Bubba. First off, Amaka you know you have a very strange mind right?! I mean, how do you consistently roll out such entertaining topics on a close to daily basis? its Official baby mi, I sssoooo wanna be like thee when i grow up **Shines teeth. In my 23 years 2 months 17 days of existence, life has taught me that 1 thing about her Bubba is people will always talk.. Whether you are doing great oh! or you are doing pitifully well, they will always talk.. They will condemn Loose girls for beimg too loose, and call them shameless, and they will condemn deeper life sisters for being too Rigid, and in turn call them prudes... So live your life baby mi, and i mean YOUR life, focusing not on the things others say but on the positive voices in your head.. After all, i for one know ladies who wear ankle chains and are still as closed legged as possible.. hehehe So it should all at the end, boil down to what we want and not what the world wants us to want.. Let the world misconceptualize all they want ehn, na their cup of tea. Cheers Bubba. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See who is talking. All those gengencious topics you post nko?
      Well said jare. Na them get their mouth, they must talk.

      Delete
  8. I love waist beads! When I was growing up, I wanted 2 things, a nose piercing and waist beads...I got my piercing, and I've just started hankering after my beads again. Will probably get some next time I go to naija.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of piercing, my ears ain't even pierced but yours looks good on you.
      What are you waiting for? Go get the beads girl..

      Delete
  9. Nice post.. Not getting over my stereotype anytime soon.. Waist beads Irritate me, will never date a girl that wears one, + I will still continue to see anklet as something fetish! Don't judge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it ironic that while you don't want to be judged, you are prosecutor, Judge and jury for others that indulge in the afore mentioned?

      Delete
  10. Do people still wear waist bead? I think they usually say babes wear it so their ass can shake so well but I wouldn't know other people perception of "waist bead wearers"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha see belief oh! Shaking of ass is independent of beads oh

      Delete
    2. I love my thongs jare.
      I wonder what's anyone's business with my underwear or what anybody wears for that matter.
      No be their bum-bum nah abi?

      Delete