Saturday, 17 January 2015

GRAMMAR 101


Hello lovelies,how is the weekend coming up and hope you're good? the cold here no be here oh but well,  I'm coping.
Today,  we'll be looking at "pack" and "park" confused.
WRONG: Chuka was told to park his belongings and vacate the room at once.
CORRECT: Chuka was told to pack his belongings and vacate the room at once.

Park and pack are two words with similar sound and they are often used in the same context.
"Park" is normally used with vehicles and means "to station temporarily".

"Pack" means "to gather together in a bundle",  "to wrap",  'to fill a container with".

.............. And that's it for today lovelies.  Any question?

12 comments:

  1. Had to rush here for my saturday's lesson. Satisfied.
    Can our lesson next week be about greatful and grateful, most times people do mix this words.

    #thanks seyon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok dear. Anything for you.
      Thanks for stopping by. XOXO

      Delete
  2. Lovely post. http://sophialastyles.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete











  3. #Mannie





    I ain't trading this class for a short nap.
    #Oshey


















    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello sweetheart, hope you're good? Can I say I always look forward to your grammar lessons?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm good my dear.
      Now this is the best compliment I've gotten so far.

      Delete
    2. lol really? Which is grammatically correct - funny enough or funnily enough?

      Delete
    3. You use funny or funnily enough.
      Choi choi

      Delete