Saturday, 24 January 2015

GRAMMAR 101

Hello lovelies,  I'm supposed to be enjoying my weekend today but sadly, I have to go for CDS as we had to shift it from Thursday because Buhari was in town,  besides I can't wait for the whole politicking to be over because now I can't be on air due to the fact that they broadcast political menene like 247 now.

Anyway,  last week Uche asked me to do a post on the use of "grateful"  and "greatful"  so here we are.

WRONG: I am greatful to God for the gift of life.
CORRECT: I am grateful to God for the gift of life.

The word "grateful"  means acknowledging a favour done,  to be thankful, and it is gotten from the word "gratitude".

There is no word as "greatful"  in English language.

15 comments:

  1. Greatful ke?! I just wanted to say I love your grammar posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clara you'll be surprised how many times I've seen "greatful" instead of "grateful"
    Another one I see a lot is "happy marriage life" as in I'm speechless...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearie it's very terrible even among youth corps members who are supposed to be the "light". God help us

      Delete
    2. @lohla the things I see on social media is nothing to write home about. The use of english language need to be taken back to grass root. Happy marriage life indeed.

      I always try not to make mistakes of using abbrevaative words, and I asks questions whenever I see one just to understaand the message properly.

      Delete
  3. My favorite class. #IDeyLearn













    #Mannie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comments like this motivates me. Thanks hun

      Delete
  4. I always look forward to grammar lessons - happy Sunday, and could you please post more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love.
      This past week has been so packed up with activities for me. I promise to update every other day this week.

      Delete
  5. I didn't realize people were using greatful instead of grateful. Nevertheless grammar lessons are always needed!! I look forward to more.

    Xoxo,

    La Deutsche Diva
    http://ladeutschediva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayy new visitor alert!
      I promise the my scout's honor to bring more lessons.

      Delete
  6. Lol really? Greatful? Well I use grateful though.

    Funny though I can't stand people that makes silly mistakes like writing "is he their", "is that is pen" geez it hurts me so bad!!!!

    Maybe I should refer them to this school, hope we ain't paying school fees?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear bad grammar is a huge turn off for me, I can't stand it.
      Please refer them, it's for free. At least I'm doing service to humanity at no cost.

      Delete