Wednesday, 7 January 2015

Thou shall not lie

Phew it's already a week into the new year/month!!...... Good morning lovelies *group hug* thanks for the care and checking up on me.  I feel lot much better but since I'm back to my station,  I'm battling the cold that is threatening my bones and my chest. Abeg those people for yonder how una dey cope for winter?


Ehen, back to the business of the day,  for kids like me that grew up in Nigeria,  I'm sure this scene was a regular in our household. A visitor coming to look for your parents and you going to notify daddy or mummy that a visitor is around and daddy or mummy telling you to go and tell the visitor that they are sleeping or they are not around. Abeg if you never experienced it do like this O/.

 I remember once it happened one man that is always coming to beg my father for money came and I was the one that answered the bell,  I  went in to my father and told him that "that begibegi man is at the gate"  and my father told me to go and tell him he was sleeping and I marched with my two left legs and said "daddy said I should tell you he is sleeping"  and the man refused to go oh until my father came out.  The beating I received that day for puncturing the lie no be here!

My uncle is also fond of telling me to pick up his calls and tell the caller he is ill or some other lie *crossing my self* Father have mercy on me and because this is Africa where we carry respect on our head I just have to obey else I'll be tagged as having grown wings.

These elders I have to lie for are the ones that preach in morning devotion that we should not lie,  they are the ones that taught us while growing up to always say the truth no matter what but they do the "do as I say and not as I do"  principle oh.

Heaven knows if I don't want to talk to you on phone,  it's either I pick and tell you off or I won't pick up at all.

For those that have been in my shoes,  what lie did you have to tell and how did you cope? Did your conscience judge you?

16 comments:

  1. Great to hear you're feeling much better, the cold here too eh I had to resume wearing lil man his socks but does he allow the thing stay on his feet? For where, keeps pulling it off and chewing it the rat no sabi say cold dey...
    Lies I've had to tell for the parents, hmmm nothing major except the "tell him/her I'm not around" lie. I think almost all kids would have told that lie for their parents. Ajuwaya! As you were...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abeg make sure baby Sean wears his socks oh, we need him strong to protect lil Ernie when she comes *smiles*
      Yes I'm sure 99% of us did.

      Delete
  2. Obob the cold for here no get part 2 oo Hahaha. Glad you're fine now Seyon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. E sure me die say e no reach Sokoto own

      Delete
  3. Hahaha.....Mami...I did do all the 'My mother said I should tell you that she is not around and I should close the door and come back and tell her what you said'.....I was terrible at it...then she stooped sending me...she would send my lil sister and that one was worse...she would say, 'My mother say she will slap me If you don't go...she doesn't have money to pay you and she is not around and I should close the door and run back to her'....mami...I think we all got confused with our lies cuz my mom would first analyze the person, think of various lies before choosing the most befitting and then give us our orders....she forgot that we had our brains and ears opened all the time....so we usually go and tell the visitor almost everything she said right from when we told her, 'Momma, ABC is around'...hehe

    Howdy sis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lwkmd choi choi those days no be here oh

      Delete
  4. Lol lie full ground dey troway sef
    Take care dear

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know u are feeling better now @Amaka. I'm quite bad at bad lying. So I make an effort to say the truth at all at all. But back in my uni days, I lied a lot ooo.






























    #mannie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you feel better nne. Hahahag let me not lie I have done that before and father didn't find that funny

    ReplyDelete
  7. looooool Bruh you have no idea.Men i sha remember those days, or when my cousin will flash a girl and when she calls back tells her i was the one and then give me the phone to say so.
    www.thatnigeriangirl.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. i was a pro liar growing up, in fact i would rather lie than say the truth so i was the perfect child for the job. what i couldnt understand was why they would scoldme for lying to them but it was ok to lie for them.
    Mehnnn my sister i can'twait for this yeye service year to be over. You've been too stressed for my liking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't understand too oh.
      July baby

      Delete