Good morning lovelies, trust we had a fabulous new year celebration ? Well I can't say same because I hardly ate yesterday; I had to force myself so I'll be able to take my medication.
Tomato is part and parcel of every kitchen but besides the traditional uses for cooking, it can be used for many DIY purposes.
Tomatoes are not just an important part of a healthy diet but also work wonders when used as beauty products.
- Glowing skin: Applying tomato juice or rubbing tomato halves on the skin evens out the skin and revives the glow giving you a healthy looking skin. It contains high amount of Vitamin C which is known to brighten skin.
- Treat Open Pores: Add four drops of tomato juice to 1 tablespoon of water and apply it on your face with the help of a cotton ball. Gently massage your skin with this mixture and leave it on for 15 minutes. Regular application of this will shrink the pore size.
- Treat Skin Conditions: Tomato seed oil is the newest addition to the line of natural carrier oils and is excellent for treating several skin conditions. These are packed with a substance that fights free radicals and signs of ageing. Tomato seed oil is used for the treatment of mild to severe skin conditions like eczema. It is also helpful in treating dry and damaged skin. Use a moderate quantity of oil to massage the affected areas of your skin. Leave it overnight and wash it off the next day. You can also add this oil to your facial creams, moisturizer and scrubs, to keep the skin soft and smooth.
- Treats Acne: Vitamin A and C are commonly found in many acne treating medicines and ointments. The high acidic content in tomatoes helps to treat rashes and acne. If you are suffering from tiny zits on your face, then cut the tomato in two halves and apply the inside of it on your face. If you suffer from severe acne problems then peel a fresh tomato and mash it. Apply this pulp on your face and leave it for an hour. Rinse it off and pat dry. Use this pack regularly to get rid of pimples.
- Prevents Excess Oil Secretion: Excess sebum production leads to clogging of pores that leads to pimples, dirt build up and uneven skin tone. Squeeze juice of 2 tomatoes and add 4 tablespoons of cucumber juice to it. Apply this homemade toner to your face daily with the help of a cotton ball to control excess oil and shine and to unclog the pores.
- Prevents Signs of Aging: Tomatoes and its products enable the skin to absorb oxygen and prevent the signs of ageing. It provides an amazing natural skin treatment which can make the skin look younger and healthy with less effort.
- Acts as a Natural Sunscreen: According to various studies, tomato contains an antioxidant called lycopene which acts as a natural sunscreen. This provides the skin protection from harsh UV rays.
- Acts as a Stress Reliever: Tomato extract is often used in luxurious body massage oils to combat visible sign of stress on the skin. Tomato extract is also used in eye creams, which, along with other essential ingredients, leaves the eyes looking fresh and revitalized.
- Perfect Astringent: The astringent properties of tomato make it an excellent choice for combination skin. A pack made from mashed avocados and tomatoes soothes the skin and cleanses it thoroughly to give you a glowing complexion. Apply this face pack and wash it off with lukewarm water after 20 to 30 minutes. Tomato contains natural oil reducing and astringent properties while avocado provides antiseptic and moisturizing effect to the skin.
- Fights Cellular Damage: Consumption of at least 16 milligrams of lycopene every day reduces the amount of free radicals in the body to give you a youthful skin. It fights cellular damage and reddening of the skin and also retains the moisture, thus preventing fine lines and wrinkles. This property of tomato makes it an amazing anti - aging product.
- Natural Bleaching Agent: Tomato is considered as a natural bleaching agent and is very helpful in lightening the skin tone. Prepare a face pack by mixing 1 teaspoon of oatmeal, 1 teaspoon of yogurt and 2 teaspoon of tomato pulp. Apply it on the face and neck and leave it for 20 minutes. Oatmeal will gently exfoliate the skin, while yoghurt and tomato will help to clear the blemishes. This improves the complexion.
- Prevents Sunburn: According to Prevention Magazine, people who consumed 5 tablespoon of tomato paste daily for 3 consecutive months were naturally protected against sun burn. Sun burnt skin can also be treated by applying tomato on the affected parts. Make a pack by mixing 2 teaspoons of tomato pulp with 1 teaspoon of yoghurt. Apply this on the face, neck, hands and feet.Tomato cools the skin while yoghurt provides a protein boost to make the skin soft and supple.
- Smooth Skin: Mix honey with tomato juice to make a thick paste. Apply it on the face and wash it off after 15 minutes to get a smooth and glowing skin.
- Removes Dead Skin Cells: Tomatoes can greatly help you to remove dead skin cells. Grind tomatoes in a mixer with the seeds and add 1 teaspoon of sugar to it. Apply it on the face and massage gently in circular motion. You can also cut 1 tomato into 2 halves and sprinkle some sugar on it. Gently scrub your skin with it to do away with dead skin cells and get a clean and fresh looking skin.
- Tomatoes are considered to be an excellent cure for hair loss. It is believed that application of tomato pulp on scalp can prevent hair loss.
- Tomatoes are amazing natural conditioners coming straight from your kitchen. It provides natural shine to the hair and makes it soft and manageable. Take a few drops of tomato oil in your hand and apply it on your hair. This will act as a leave-in conditioner and will keep the hair manageable and frizz free.
- Pure, homemade tomato puree can help in bringing radiance and elasticity to dry hair. Mix tomato puree with oil and apply it on the hair. Leave it for 20 minutes and then wash it off. This will make the hair super smooth, shiny and flexible as it contains high amounts of protein in it.
- Regular swimming often changes the colour of the hair due to the high amount of chlorine present in the pool water. Tomato can be a great help to remove the stains from the hair. Apply pure tomato juice to the hair and leave it for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with water, followed by shampoo and conditioning.
- Tomato juice also acts as a soaking agent to remove odours. Apply freshly squeezed tomato juice on the scalp and massage your hair with it for a few minutes. Leave it for 30 minutes and then wash it off as usual.
- Tomatoes are very useful for curing itchy scalp and dandruff. Itchy scalp and dandruff leads to other scalp problems, like eczema and scalp psoriasis. Tomato contains high amount of Vitamin C which fights dandruff and provides collagen for proper tissue development of the scalp. Take 2 to 3 ripe tomatoes and make a thick pulp out of it. Add 2 tablespoon of lemon juice to it and mix well to form a smooth paste. Apply the pack gently on the scalp. Do not scratch the scalp with nails. Apply it properly on the scalp and leave it for 30 minutes. Rinse your hair with water and let it dry.
- Tomato hair rinse can be used to impart shine and remove excess build up from the scalp. Take 3 ripe tomatoes, remove the skin and seeds and squeeze the juice out of it. Spray it on your hair and scalp and wash it off after 1 hour.