Thursday, 5 February 2015

Dunking

Hiya lovelies?  Today I'll be reblogging something I did in May 2014. The truth is I was googling something randomly when this post came up and I was like ok baby girl why not bring back the post *puppy eyes*.

 I hate bread but in my house, its one staple but most times I skip it and just drink my milk because I hate tea too, by tea I mean Lipton and not Milo oh! Milo is just a chocolate drink. So when I have to take bread and tea, I like to cut my bread into pieces and put inside my teacup for it to soak well. Well my mum says its bad habit but I’ve not had course to drink tea in public so as is my usual practise, I visited university of Google and I saw various opinion.

Some feel it’s bad table manner but hey, is there a law that says I shouldn’t soak my bread in my tea? The time I will use to chew my bread and drink tea, I’ll just save half of it by soaking my bread *grinning*

Come on, don’t Europeans dunk too? Do we even have to follow everything the colonial masters did hook, line and sinker?

I even read on nairaland that the standard is to bite off the bread, chew it and sip the tea from the teacup. Duuh . The truth is bad habit is relative. Who set the standard on how to drink tea?

Ok, let’s even define dunking. Wikipedia defines dunking as ‘dunking, usually indicates a submersion of biscuit, bread, buttered toast, cake or donought into a beverage, especially tea, coffee or hot or cold milk’. Dunking releases more flavour from confections by dissolving the sugars, while also softening their texture. You dey read am so?

Whether I dip tea in bread, or bread in tea, the koko is that it’s my tummy it ends up.

Views?

In other news, the corper's lodge in Tambuwal LGA was burnt down by political thugs, I seriously do not know what this country is turning to. I was posted to the north and I accepted it in good faith and see how we are being treated? 
My heart goes out to fellow corps members who lost everything in that unfortunate incidence. Incidentally,  the speaker of the house of Representatives is from tambuwal and I'm yet to hear of any relief package put in place. 
These are sad times. 

18 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to those corps members too.



    I don't dunk. I still remember this post. I think my elder sister still dunks tho.





























    #Mannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder why corps member are the one to pay for what they did not know. Nawa for this country sha

    I'm not a fan of bread and tea, but if I should manage to eat it. I don't dunk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously I don't understand either. Now I'm hearing if we do not participate in the electoral process, our service year will be extended. I'm just tired.

      Delete
  3. Oh no! Not again. Hope nobody was injured or worse?

    Dunk ke kai Amaka ya a bush geh oh. I'm not a fan of bread either but tea? Hmmmm I must have been Asian in my last life, I take tea morning, afternoon, night. I kid you not

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully nobody was hurt but all their properties have gone oh *sad*
      I hate tea like cray!! If it were only me, tea sellers won't sell oh.

      Delete
  4. There is a clear division between dunkers and non-dunkers in my group of friends....as I strict non-dunker myself, I find it almost disgusting to find mushy slimy crumbs at the bottom of the cup, but that's prob just my OCD in action :)

    In other news, I'm sorry to hear about the corpers. I really hope no lives were lost sha.
    Hope you've completely recovered. XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewwww it's not slimy jor.
      I'm recuperating dear.

      Delete
  5. Huh?! Mehnnn this is not cool. Mami, I can't even begin to explain how much I hate that environment you are in now....You know, whenever I get on here and I don't see a new post for 2 days, I just pray in my heart that you are okay....**sigh** and dunking?!?!...Hell To The NO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm beginning to despise this place *sigh*

      Delete
  6. Am nt a fan of bread so anytime I gat to take bread and tea I do dunk.... May d lord b with u Amaka

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I have to deviate from the post.

    When I was posted to borno state in 2010, babe, we were living in fear esp when a corp member was killed. I tried to redeploy but it just didn't work. I stayed there all through. Infact we dint go endurance trek for security reasons. But aside all this, maiduguri is really a place to be but I just don't get it anymore. I wonder why everything turned upside down. It used to place I wanna go back to.

    And now I can't believe people are posted there and they still go. Babe you get mind!!!

    May God watch over you people and take you back to your various homes in peace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bee, Sokoto is relatively peaceful. There is hardly any record of violence except now that the governor is giving these people weapons freely.
      In camp nobody was redeployed on security reasons because it wasn't a valid reason and well my cousin served here not long ago so that's what gave me courage too.
      Thanks dearie.

      Delete
  8. I can't understand the lack of value for human life our government displays. After what happened during the last elections they shouldn't even dream of using corpers again but no. Their children are safely overseas so the rest of the population can die. Well may God keep all you innocent corpers safe. As for the dunking matter- I can never ever ever dunk. So irritating :-(


    How to make your own floral headband

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get it either. God help me till July oh

      Delete
  9. Lol! I think "tea" has got some rules inclined to it when having it in public. Some years back I used to form posh having it with my spoon not until my aunt corrected me that its meant to be sipped from the cup and not the spoon. I still find it hard adapting to DT rule especially when the tea is very hot.
    As for the corpers lodge ish, I pray safety for u darling. None of such would come near u.
    xoxo
    www.debrasmuse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I don't sip from my spoon though.
      Thanks love.

      Delete