Saturday, 7 February 2015

GRAMMAR 101

My name is Ndidiamaka and the Anglicised meaning is PATIENCE is good, but it's very annoying when I hear people call me Patient (like seriously?!) and it's more annoying when I see 'patient'  medical blah blah blah instead of PATENT.

Hiya lovelies, it's that time of the week when we trash everything grammar and today we'll be looking at the meaning of patent,  patience and patient.


1. PATENT
- a grant made by a government that confers upon the creator of an invention the sole right to make,  use and sell that invention for a set period of time.
- relating to or being a non prescription drug or other medical preparation that is protected by a trademark (this is the definition that concerns us).

2. PATIENCE
- the quality of being forebearing without complaint,  loss of temper,  irritation or the likes.
- an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay.

3. PATIENT
- able to accept or tolerate delay,  problems or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious.
- a person receiving or registered to receive medical treatment (this is the one we need).

I hope after reading this,  we'll stop confusing the three words even though I'm sure they don't sound the same (I'd have loved it to be an oral lesson though) so till our next lesson,  remember the power of words and endeavour to speak error free English.
X

10 comments:

  1. That first context of Patient cracked me up ahahahahahahaha

    Ok they are all noted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see how patent and patient can be confused tho *confusedlook or can it? Thanks bebe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bitter truth is I look at dispensing stores and I see patient instead of patent *sigh*

      Delete
  3. Lol @ Patient - some people are irritating. More grammar lessons please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry i came late to class ma'am. you share the same name with my sister although she dislikes the 'ndidi' part.











    #Mannie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've become a perpetual late Comer Chuka!
      I hate the ndidi part too oh.

      Delete
  5. Lmaooooo!!! Seriously? Patient! That got me laughing

    ReplyDelete