Saturday, 14 February 2015

GRAMMAR 101

Yeah,  today is February 14, the day love is celebrated... Good morning lovelies, I hope all is set for today?  Well,  I'm not sure about me but there's a turning up later in the evening as my CDS will be sending the batch A forth and I'm excitedly looking forward to it.  I might or might not post pictures here but I will on instagram.

Today we would be considering the correct form of some words commonly mistaken.

1. Bound
The word bound when used in sentences should be bounds meaning a boundary,  a limit,  prohibited or forbidden.
The correct idiom is out of bounds,  not out of bound.

2. Grassroot
There is no such word as grassroot. The correct form is grassroots meaning basic or fundamental.
Grass root with the space means the root of a grass.

That's it for today lovelies. Have a happy celebration and stay safe.  X

10 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine y'all and specially to you, Amaka.... I have missed this place so much.
    God bless y'all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honey I should have called you oh. You must be very angry with me now *covers face*

      Delete
  2. Aunty Amaka happy falantine ohhhh. Ehen I have a topic oh dunno if you've treated it before. Correct uses of "am and I'm" the way peeps abuse those two letter word is alarming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lool happy falantine love.
      I think I have but I'll revisit it. X

      Delete
  3. Hehehehe this girl haf started oooo so "S" should be added.

    Don't I just love this class

    Amaky babie.... Happy Vals day sweerie. Hope you are enjoying it?Am in d office but am done for the day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed my day oh, hope you did too?

      Delete
  4. So, there is no such word as grassroot? That's very interesting nne. Thanks for correcting me, and after more lessons, I should be able to speak without 'tiauing'. Nnem, Kedu ije?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am. That's my aim you know? So we can speak error free English. X

      Delete
  5. noted. @amaka what's wrong? I haven't been to post any comment in da last few days.













    #Mannie

    ReplyDelete