Friday, 6 February 2015

Is there a thin line between helping someone and being called a maga?

I'm so glad I'm getting better by the day,  I've actually missed writing my posts before typing *I'm old school like that*. Good morning lovelies... . It's Friday already and for those of us turning up,  turn up well oh!  I'm actually tired of staying in bed I'm afraid I might develop  bedsores but the instruction is to rest well so that I'm doing.

Una dey see this topic so?! *presses brakes* ok back to my British accent,  this topic has been on my mind for a long time , as in e don tey!!!

I get pissed easily but for the right reasons.
Most times when you say "maga" in Nigeria,  people tend to have this view or image of a rich cash cow/ money miss Road especially a male or a female as the case may be who spends on you like no man's business as long as you know the right buttons to press, but my good people,  it looks like more notes have been added under the definition of maga and it seems being naturally nice to people is one.

Imagine a case where you take pity on someone and decide to help and in the person's mind you have become a maga even when they are comfortable, they still expect you to maintain the status quo and when you do not,  you're tagged a bad person??

Well,  today I'm throwing the floor open.  When does one cross from being nice to becoming a maga?

18 comments:

  1. I can relate so well with this post. Trust naija peepz na...They think because you have done one little thing for them, it then makes you a fool....

    I have a friend in Uni then, if any guy does anything for her, she will go like " I collected his money" bla bla bla....biko which money? na change na.... na poverty and lack of content dey worry the babe.

    No one is fooling anyone. If anyone does anything for you, it's because you are special or because the person just feel like doing it. People especially girls should desist from this drama jere.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder why it's we ladies that always act this mugu drama *sigh*
      I used to have a friend too (emphasis in used to) and when guys give her lil money she'll be like Amaka I don chop am dry and I'll just shake my head and ask her if she collecting 10k and she's happy what should babes who get dubai trips regularly say?
      I pray for her because heaven knows it's not like she's from a poor home so I wonder where she got that mentality from.
      People need to realise that when people are nice, like you said it's because they feel like after all nobody is obliged to help anyone.

      Imagine a case where one babe cooks and out of kindness invites her roomie to come and eat and on and on it goes on out of courtesy and the parasite now refuses to cook and feels like she is wise?
      People need to snap out of their foolishness really.

      Delete
  2. I don't know where we ladies developed this mentality from o... someone can't be nice to us again without being labelled a maga.... funny thing is the guys are beginning to think the same way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really pathetic but I think the people who do that have poverty mentality.

      Delete
  3. You know the funny this is guys can actually smell a thirsty chic from afar. So really who is fooling who. Emancipation from poverty mentality is needed I swear, some babes and even guys too need Jesus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As in!! We really need to emancipate our minds.
      Buhaha @we need Jesus.

      Delete
  4. The society has become a killing field. Everyone is either looking to exploit or avoid getting exploited. Thank God there are still some good people with kind hearts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww cyclone in the building!!! Welcome dear.
      It's the survival of the fittest but then *sigh*

      Delete
    2. To be sincere, while not everyone does it, there is 'taking' culture in Nigerian relationships. Females believe they are entitled to take whatever they can get as reward for being in a relationship or courted. It has practically become a norm in our society.

      Delete
    3. I agree but then it's some not all female that have this mentality. Even the guys are guilty as per having right to "use" her anytime.

      Delete
    4. Abeg, explain "use her" O!

      Delete
    5. But isn't sex an integral part of an intimate relationship? Just as sharing and supporting should be.

      Delete
    6. Yes but it's not every time the lady will feel like nah.

      Delete
  5. Truth is some guys are naturally nice like that but the "African mentality" (I'm quote) has redefined the state of bn nice.
    www.debrasmuse.com

    ReplyDelete