Monday, 16 February 2015

Knowing when to let go

Hiya lovelies?? Sure we're all good yeah??
In the course of the day,  we must offend people and people must offend us,  well the Bible says to forgive 77 times daily but tell you what,  sometimes the road to forgiveness might be filled with hurt,  blame,  broken promises and what nots that might make the road difficult to see. At that point,  the question would be do I forgive, forget and accept the offender back or forgive, forget,  move on and/or sever the ties that bind?

Growing up,  I used to have a very quick temper and an unforgiving heart.  Once you offend me and I blow hot and cold,  I'll lock your space in my heart and throw the key in the Atlantic Ocean *rolling my eyes* and you know that when you throw a key into the ocean,  you can never find it.

After I turned 21, I got a grip on my temper and I've become so calm but as people are wont to do,  they like to take gentility to be stupidity.

Well,  when dealing with people, I give them two chances and the third time,  it's the final red card.

Once upon a time,  I used to have a very close female friend that I could do anything for and yes,  I did everything for her  but what did I get in return?  Jealousy, resentment and the likes initially, I was too stunned to believe she could be jealous of me because the truth is in reality,  it is very hard for people to say I offend them because I am always extremely cautious of my actions and when I tried to talk her back to reality,  she was acting.  That moment the alarm in my head was blinking red and I knew it was time to move on as there was nothing to salvage.  Well,  eventually she came around and tried to apologise but at that point I knew it was time to move on and I told her that.

Letting go of close loved ones might hurt but sometimes it is better to let go for the good of all the parties involved.

17 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, sometimes feelings aren't mutual. And people want to exploit the generosity of others. But you did the best thing - coming yo awareness and moving like a cursor with a jammed space bar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we have a lot in common Amy baby, I stopped letting people use me and I found it easier to let people go.... like someone I once knew said "they no dey take torchlight find friends'
    V a beautiful day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've allowed people over stay in my life to my own detriment dear and that era is over!

      Delete
  3. Letting go is very hard but very important for the following reasons : I do not want to be taken Advantage of, I do not want to commit murder because I feel a murderous rage each time I get angry, I would rather forget you than struggle to forgive you which means hypertension for me as I cannot allow you to live rent free in my head -

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhhhhh Sis, you know, I do have a terrible temper, when I get mad, I blow up and it is difficult to see the good side of me once you have seen the bad side. Letting go is important...trust me, I know how significant it is. Buh if we were friends and you hurt me in a certain way and to a certain degree, my idea of letting go would be to pretend you and I never shared the same free air and do not exist in the same world...**shrugs** Like my friend would say, 'I will go all Niesha on you'...hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so me!!!if I feel like you hurt me in a certain waay..i kind of lock you out completely...like we never were close!

      Delete
    2. That's so me!!!if I feel like you hurt me in a certain waay..i kind of lock you out completely...like we never were close!

      Delete
    3. Here's how you know Tibs is angry and you need to run for cover... you hear a lot of fuck, fuck and fuck. lol.

      Delete
    4. I say fuck it a lot too. Lool

      Delete
  5. I used to be someone who finds it hard to let go, once you hurt me, that's it but these days, i'm very free with people, I forgive easily but there are people that I would like to be friends with from afar because of what they have done..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgiving is easy but sometimes you need to let go.

      Delete
  6. I agree and kind of disagree with you on this one Amaka. See I think people sometimes make mistakes and I feel like the main thing is them asking for pardon and then trying not to re-do the same thing...So my solution is to temporarliy cut myself off from that person until my anger cools down and I can talk properly to them about what happens. Following that, if they apologise, then we'll move on. If not, I haf tried.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I give two chances actually for you to redeem yourself. The third time, it's bye.

      Delete
  7. in Rozay's voice; 'God forgives, I don't. lol #Kidding


    its so easy for me to forgive but not easy to forget.


    how are u @amaka?











    #Mannie

    ReplyDelete