Tuesday, 17 February 2015

TRUE LOVE NOT BLIND

One of the cliches I grew up listening to is "love is blind". I used to ponder in my young mind what it meant; in my child's mind, I used to wonder if love was a human being but was blind and since I did not have an elder sister to discuss my love thoughts with, I was content with my definition. Hiya lovelies!!

As I progressed into my adolescent age with my emotions running wild and my voracious appetite for books, I finally understood the "love is blind" line after my brief stint with Mills and Boons and Harlequin (I stopped reading romance novels because of the unrealistic things we were made to believe.

Many of us use the word love every other day, but I'd like for us to focus on romantic love as regards this post.

I know guys who love girls that are endowed but end up with flat chested ladies and when I'm like " guy, how far? they be like "I couldn't help it, love is blind". Now, don't get me wrong, it is not about the physical attraction for me but the truth  is that when you know that the qualities you love in the opposite sex, your partner lacks say 99% and you stay in the name of love is blind, you will just end up frustrated and tempted to cheat!

I know I am petite and I have been screaming to high heavens that my man must be taller than me even if it is by few inches, so me agreeing to date a man who is shorter than me in the name of love is blind is a recipe for disaster.

In the name of love is blnd, a graduate marries an uneducated partner and in future when there is an office dinner or something of sort, the educated partner becomes ashamed of flaunting the better half for the fear of grammatical blunder, love is blind yeah? or a wealthy girl falls in love with a not too rich guy and later rubs it in his face how she foots the bills, or two people from the other side of the divide religious wise decide to start a family then after they say "I do" one person starts to make trouble about the religious difference, oh please!

It is perfectly normal to look at people we have feelings for through rose stained glasses but believe you me, it is no normal to create an ideal image of people because most times when we do that, they pretend to be what they are not so as to fit into the image we created. Now after creating this ideal image you created for yourself and you fall in love with this image you created for yourself instead of the personaity, who is to blame when reality check dawns?

Tue love is not blind, it recognizes faults, it does not ignore differences in social, tribal, educational or religious backgrounds but it seeks to find a way to manage these differences for the betterment of the relationship.
thoughts?


12 comments:

  1. True love is not blind but it transcends the physical. DH is a boobs man infact he has a nick "34DD" but me I'm a humble B cup. That goes to show that we may think we cannot live without a particular feature in a person's body, but when cupid comes calling you forget all your specifics. Blame it on cupid eh...

    Hiya dear how you doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah babes it does that's why I said that if you know your partner lacks 99% then it's plain stupidity IMO.
      I'm good hun

      Delete
  2. Turn up Turn Up Baby mi... its official yeah, this is my best post yet.. I mean cAmOn!!! Amaka making sense and spilling brain all over the place, that what this is.. #GangsterProperty.. **Shines Teeth.. iLike. hehehehehehe that second to the last paragraph was icing on the cake and made so much sense...

    Truly yeah, Love shouldnt be based on drawn up ideals but on sincere compatibility... www.oneplustheone.com once said that Love is not an emotion but a choice and i concur (You see nah, you are making me speak big big English i dont understand), so forget that Love is blind B.S, cause in my 23 years 3 months and 5 days young and confused eyes yeah, I am learning that when we choose to love somebory, we dont love in entirety, but choose to love specifics that attract us the most. To some is physical appearance, to some its cash or class, to some its tribe or brains.. it varies, but on the long run, love is far from blind as we choose to love certain things in an individual.

    P.S: I would like to emphatically (you see again :*) state to those who CHOOSE to love when they know their Genotypes will cause a Sickle cell child.. Please forget about your love for eachother, and think about your love for your unborn child...

    Bubba, this is by far my best post yet on your blog toh sure... It is apt in every sense of the word, and i can soooooo relate to it! This line had me giggling "I stopped reading romance novels because of the unrealistic things we were made to believe." and in response I say.. hmmn hmmn.. You for no stop nah... Turn down for what mbok? Amaka be schooling us on point since 2014 and counting... and the crowd goes... Yyyyeeeeaaahhh mehn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duru I love reading from you always because I always have this grin on my face permanently...
      I'll do a post on that ss and love soon self.
      And yes, I agree, love is a choice jare.
      Oya chop kiss.

      Delete
  3. Love should not be blind oh...that's how people are just stumbling around cz they chose the blind route. biko, open your eyes, see and discuss what differences you have and make the decision to stay together and make compromises or not.
    shikenan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said!
      Hi ma'am, stop running off on me oh..

      Delete
  4. The American comic, Whitney Cummings, says "love is being willing to die for someone who you yourself wants to kill". So maybe love is blind. And deaf and dumb too! I think love isn't really a feeling, it's more of a conclusion we reach in our minds when we believe either that we see something we like or believe we should like. Sometimes we're influenced by our fantasies and other times it's our fears. A good choice can make sense but quickly go wrong when unaccounted for variables are introduced into the equation. On the other hand, over time love can build up when things go well and stay good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm deep words but is love blind?? I don't believe it jor..
      Nice contribution as usual. Thanks cyclone.

      Delete
  5. Love may be blind but my own love wears 3D glasses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehehehe I have seen plenty blind love ooo, infact some love no get ears cos dem no dey hear. Its amazing the motive behind people falling in love. I don't know that love feeling. It just doesn't click for me.

    It's not a good feeling though when you love someone and the love ain't returned!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok I need you and I have to go on a loooooong walk.

      Delete