Wednesday, 11 February 2015
Uses of salt
Salt should be the most common mineral in the world and it is very important in life's as the Bible even calls us the salt of the earth but aside giving taste to food, we'll be looking at other fabulous uses of this inexhaustible mineral.
1. Test egg freshness: put two teaspoon of salt in a cup of water and place an egg in it. The fresh egg will sink and the older egg will float.
2. Prevents fruits from browning: I don't know if anyone hates this but when I'm prep fruit salad and the apples turn brown, it annoys me. Dropping it in slightly salted water will help to maintain its colour.
3. Remove odour from hand: use salt to get rid of that onions and garlic odour from your hand. Just scrub your palms with salt and you're good to go.
4. Extend toothbrush life : soak toothbrush in Salt water before your first use. They'll last longer.
5. Natural mouthwash: mix equal parts salt and baking soda in water for a fresh and deodorising mouth wash.
6. Ease throat pain: mix salt and warm water and gargle to relieve a sore throat.
7. Deter ants: sprinkle salt around the house especially where ants gather. Ants do not like to walk on salt.
8. Drip proof candles: soaking new candles in a strong salt solution for few hours and drying them will make them not to burn fast and they'll last longer.
9. Clean sink drains: pour salt mixed with hot water down the kitchen sink regularly to deodorise and keep grease from building up.
10. Clean wine spills: when you get tipsy and ruin your favorite dress with wine, covering immediately with a pile of salt and soaking in water for 30 minutes before laundering helps.
In other news I found my surname on a coke can oh *dancing salsa*