Wednesday, 11 February 2015

Uses of salt



Salt should be the most common mineral in the world and it is very important in life's as the Bible even calls us the salt of the earth but aside giving taste to food,  we'll be looking at other fabulous uses of this inexhaustible mineral.

1. Test egg freshness: put two teaspoon of salt in a cup of water and place an egg in it.  The fresh egg will sink and the older egg will float.

2. Prevents fruits from browning: I don't know if anyone hates this but when I'm prep fruit salad and the apples turn brown,  it annoys me.  Dropping it in slightly salted water will help to maintain its colour.

3. Remove odour from hand: use salt to get rid of that onions and garlic odour from your hand.  Just scrub your palms with salt and you're good to go.

4. Extend toothbrush life : soak toothbrush in Salt water before your first use.  They'll last longer.

5. Natural mouthwash: mix equal parts salt and baking soda in water for a fresh and deodorising mouth wash.

6. Ease throat pain: mix salt and warm water and gargle to relieve a sore throat.

7. Deter ants: sprinkle salt around the house especially where ants gather.  Ants do not like to walk on salt.

8. Drip proof candles: soaking new candles in a strong salt solution for few hours and drying them will make them not to burn fast and they'll last longer.

9. Clean sink drains: pour salt mixed with hot water down the kitchen sink regularly to deodorise and keep grease from building up.

10. Clean wine spills: when you get tipsy and ruin your favorite dress with wine,  covering immediately with a pile of salt and soaking in water for 30 minutes before laundering helps.

Amazing right??

In other news I found my surname on a coke can oh *dancing salsa*


16 comments:

  1. FTC o!!!!!hehehhe...hian so salt has this much use!hmmm....oya my love amaka stop making me jealous with the coke thingy na!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oya chop kiss *mwah*
      Yes love, salt is very useful oh. Don't worry, I'll stop now. Hehehe

      Delete
  2. Amaka the teacher has come again. Thanks for imparting all this knowledge to us...I nominated you for the best educational blog on Nigerian awards...

    And babes, don't you think you're oppressing some ppl with this ya coke can? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww that's so kind of you. I'll pick it up asap mami.
      I'm not oppressing anyone jor

      Delete
  3. Wow!!!...I can't imagine how excited you were when you saw that coke can...hehehe....Salt! My people say this...(or rather my mother) Shelter and Salt are 2 things you should never deprive another human being of...In a way, I think she's right..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Borrow me another adjective other than excited, that's how I feel.
      Momma is right you know.

      Delete
  4. Whao....10 uses??? Thanks for the update. ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting uses. Now I'm jealous of your can mtcheeew

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Sakey mi. Thanks for the insight. Yes, it's amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Behold the wonders of salt. I'm so jealous and although I do not drink coke, I want a bottle with my name in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My love I don't drink coke either but the joy of finding my name ehn! If I see your name I'll let you know.

      Delete