Monday, 23 February 2015

YOU CAN NEVER PLEASE PEOPLE

Hallo Hallo!!! How are we? The cold is disappearing here and this crazy heat is descending slowly oh!

I grew up loving this adage "the key to success I know not, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone" and tell you what? I really loved it! I had a scrap book for cliches, adages and proverbs while growing up because I used to think deep.

Back to the adage, as I evolved into the young woman I am today, I found it to be true.

Some people will be like "Amaka, you look terrific on make up" while others will be like "ah, you look fabulous without make up".
Others will be like "you look great on trousers, it accentuated your shape", others will be like "you look better in skirt, it fits you like a second skin" and I'm usually like okay, okay.

Naturally, I do not aim to please people but I am naturally nice, as in nice to a fault, but I can be brutal you would not believe it is me that has that other side so when I do things, as long as it appeals to reason and it is within the purview of common sense, I do not care whose ox is gored.

In this world of confused people, you can't truly please people and don't ever aim to!

23 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. So dad I have to fight with you here too....grrr noh nice...I repeat noh nice!

      Delete
  2. @amaka truetalk. I always tell myself that I've gat nothing to prove to anyone but myself.


























    #Mannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The earlier we realise we can't please the world,the better.

    I used to try to please people before now but I don wise up. I can't kill myself so just accept me and my flaws the way I am

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait hold... Y'all been having cold weather all this while???

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmmnnn no be small Accentuates oh!! You this geh ehhnnn You can like big big grammer for Africa shhhhaaaaa... Issorait **Sips Coffee with lime (this shit is a horrible combo by the way, dunno who sent me :(). You see ehn Baby mi, life is simple.. "Dance like no is watching.." it dont matter what anybody says as much as it matters what you decide to do.. So choose to do what makes you happy and live life to its fullest, cause human beings are easier to displease than they are to please.. And the crowd goes.. Yyyyeeeeaaahhh mehn! Cheers Bubba. Turn down for what?! Mbok. Ifaye! With Amaka toh sure, You either #GOBigorGohome. :) She Accentuates us.. **Winks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lmao. All these compliments you are sharing, diarisgodo..

      Delete
  7. No you can not. And to be honest, you're the only one who sleeps with you at night, so you should only try to ALWAYS make you happy. That's my maxim anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's impossible to please people and I have learned the hard way. One thing I will never do again is to displease myself in order to please others

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice post. Let our focus should be to please God.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Please delete the "should" there. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. **shakes head** Mami, I don't even bother trying...I do what is right and that which makes me happy at the end of the day.....The moment I bother bout what Mr A thinks or what Miss B thinks, I believe I will start to lose a lil bit of myself and I am not bout to let that happen.....I am a nice person...I don't need anyone to tell me that...buh I also know that I can't take crap and won't even try to take it just to please you...Nahhhhh...I gotta be happy with myself at the end of the day...Phew!!...I really missed out on lots of interesting posts eh...

    ReplyDelete