Monday, 9 March 2015

Jealousy part 2

Hiya lovelies... Thank God it's Monday *bats eyelashes* oya if you're happy it's Monday do like this \_/.. Hehehe see I'm excited oh,  because I have say three months to the end of my service year so I need the days to roll by fast.

Today we would be continuing the series on jealousy and if you missed last week's,  click here.


2. Jealousy in friendship.
Aha!  Here we are. When we say jealousy,  here is what comes to mind readily; two people in a relationship,  often a romantic relationship.

I've heard it over and over again that it is normal to exhibit a lil jealousy in a relationship but since jealousy is a negative emotion and like Napoleon Hill stated "the presence of a single negative in your conscious mind is sufficient to destroy all the change of constructive aid from your subconscious mind",  there are 1001 ways to show that you care other than exhibiting jealousy.

Without trying to brag or sound modest,  I honestly can't remember exhibiting jealousy in all my relationships, past or present.. It doesn't work for me.

I had a close pal whose boyfi banned her from having body contact with a guy (hugging,  shaking etc). She didn't have a life as he was practically everywhere she was,  the only time she could breathe was when she was sleeping and each time I told her to break up with him as he was destroying her life,  she be like she has put in many hours of sex so she can't walk away *sigh*. I think he knew I didn't like him so he told her I was a bad influence.. I'm digressing here.

Snooping, keeping tabs on your partner's movement will only give you high blood pressure my dear! Why date someone you do not trust in the first place??

A dangerous form of jealousy in relationships is morbid jealousy in which the object of contention is sexual infidelity, with no claims 99% of the time (imagine!). Here one partner holds the delusion that their partner is unfaithful. People who suffer from morbid jealousy stalk their partner and forms of morbid jealousy are obsession and delusion.

Till next week when we conclude the jealousy post,  remember that jealousy is not a form of affection, don't be deceived!!

14 comments:

  1. See this jealousy thing, been there done that.
    My ex was a proff in jealousy matters and his was the morbid kind. Kept tabs, perused phones, even used to have dreams that I was cheating. Nna eh Joseph the dreamer lomo. Imagine someone telling you, they had a dream and saw you with another person in a compromising situation, that means you're cheating or about to cheat. Then a fight ensues... It was crazily hilarious to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously I just can't deal. Why keep tabs of unnecessary thing?? Sometimes when there is nothing to hold on to, lies are fabricated just like your Joseph the dreamer ex.
      I can't oh.

      Delete
  2. It is very true that too many people see jealousy as being integral to a relationship. The need to make another person jealous is a form of insecurity, just as jealousy itself is borne out of insecurity. Healthy relationships are built on trust and openness. But unfortunately life isn't that simple. Hopefully we can learn ways to build trust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said.
      Why go into a relationship when you don't trust the person?? Beats me really.

      Delete
  3. Whoa at the "so many hours of sex" thought! Why do so many girls see sex as some kind of tithe? Like it's some kind of commodity they are exchanging for something. I can understand some people are opposed to premarital sex, and that's fine. But that would be a reason not to do it, not a basis for barter! Shouldn't sex be a shared intimacy or a mutual pleasure for all parties? If it isn't what exactly is the point of it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is girls with no self esteem that reason that way because as far as I am concerned, when the sex took place it was by mutual consent.

      Delete
  4. You so on point dear, jealousy kills faster than Aids, I pray so many pple reason frm dis post's point of view I guess d world ll be safed a whole lot of stress.

    Visit my blog
    Jibbyks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ "she be like she has put in many hours of sex so she can't walk away" hahahahahhahahahahahahaha Really?! Is that a valid reason?! with all due respect bubba, that your friend is choco 'kolo' milo oh! Ahan! the more she stays the more the hours of ghen ghen Sex nah, and at the end yeah, it will all just end in the "he Broke my heart" Hymn... lmao.. Some people shhhaaa... Issorait.. O lo'F'e

    Baby mi, i like the way.. NO! I more than like it.. I admire the way you write about everything, i mean ehn, your mind must be a freaking circus and a train station at the same time.. Call me old school yeah, but call me a man as well.. I am Jealous much.. I mean even the ALMIGHTY creator of the heavens whom i live for is Jealous.. Amaka toh sure, bae, when you meet someone that you love and who makes your heart go kpo kpo di kpo kpo di kpo kpo di kpo kpo di kpo kpo kpo, then by default you wont want to share them with another.. I mean while i talked with Ribena at Abuja last saturday yeah, it hit me that I like her so much, i couldnt stand to share her.. **Wears Mr Nigeria smile.

    Sadly yeah, my annoyance is when people turn Jealousy into Madness and start stalking the other person.. I mean lets face it Baby mi, Jealousy is good, but just like every other thing in this confused life yeah, i am learning in my 23 years 2 months and 28 days of existence that too much Jealousy is more harm than good. I mean protect your goods, but dont do so with your life or last blood. Dasalll...

    Cheers Bubba, this was a very very ghen ghen read.. i mean i want my geh friend oh, wife oh, Fiance oh, Neighbors daughters that i will be toasting oh, mistress oh, and all my concubines to be like you when they grow up.. I mean you smart like that :).. And the crowd goess... Yyyeeeaaahhh mehn! **Wears Mr. Nigeria smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duru!! You never cease to amaze me you know

      Delete
  6. Lol you are just like my mum - she's one woman I know who never gets jealous. I'm a little bit jealous- I don't mind hubby talking to other women but I get jealous when they hug - I know I need help lol.

    Btw, I would like at least two grammar lessons a day from you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still struggling with one every weekend but let's see what happens.

      Delete
  7. well, from the word jealousy, Jealousy in a relationship is like a double edge sword. A small dose is necessary to reassure that someone truly cares while too much is toxic to the relationship. the fact is that we are all guilty of the said offense.

    ReplyDelete