Tuesday, 9 June 2015

Candle in the wind....

Hiya lovies... This is going to be one of my shortest posts ever.

Yesterday morning I woke up and as usual went through my instagram feed and I saw something that caught my attention; a corper lost her life. Yes,  people die everyday after all it's one debt we all owe nature but even with the knowledge of this, it breaks my heart each time I hear youths that obeyed the clarion call lost their lives in the course of duty. She died on her way to report to her place of primary assignment.  Immediately I read that I got this feeling of nostalgia because my ex died this way too last year.
I'd not gotten over the shock when I saw on my bbm that three other ladies lost their lives on their way home after camp too and really I've been sad since then,  I wish I can type something, I wish I can console their parents,  no I wish we'll wake and this will be a dream but no,  it's not a dream.
May God grant the family the fortitude to bear the loss and may their soul and that of other faithful departed rest in peace.


4 comments:

  1. May their souls rest in peace. I have seen their obituary posters on a couple of pages.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chai...may their soul rest in peace, and may God console their parents thats why am always so thankful when i look back at my nysc days and how far and scary journeys i took.hmm
    Jibbyks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete