Monday, 6 July 2015

Forgive!!

Hiya my loveys and my doveys... What's cracking? What's new?  Who did I miss? Who missed me?? I missed all of you,  in fact I miss all of you every other day!

I recently concluded national service and those that are familiar with my life here know how much I used to rant and vent over my roommate and one other cantankerous girl here. Today's post would be woven around them.

I knew my roommate on camp even though we never said hi to each other. The first day I saw here,  she was seriously nagging because she was given over sized kits and I found it funny because all of us got oversized kits anyways so I was angry when I discovered we were in the same school and we were paired together! One thing about me is no matter how bad you are,  I like to give people three chances for the benefit of doubt so it's based on this foundation that I started with her on a clean slate but we all know a leopard can never change it's spots so she started her nagging and all. Initially, I used to ignore but we all know even a rubber band when stretched beyond elastic limit loses elasticity and becomes plastic so it got to a point that I said enough was enough because she seriously annoyed me that weekend so I made up my mind that we don't even need to say hi to each other because even when she says hi,  there must be a fault.
She travelled for the election and truly we were not on talking terms before she left but nonetheless, I called her. She came back eventually and if there's something I don't know how to do,  it's pretend. Since my mind was made up,  I still wasn't giving her face. She did everything to frustrate me but I kept cool until one fateful Wednesday.
I was busy, she now came and said she wanted to put the light off and I'm like I'm using the light,  if I'm done,  I'll put it off only for me to see her the next morning carrying a seat inside but I was half awake so I didn't bother. I really had a long day the following day so I got back in and turned the light on,  only for me to discover the light refused to come on so I thought the bulb was bad only for me to move closer and see she destroyed the lampholder. Chei I was mad, I now asked her what happened to the light, she now said I was disturbing her with the light so she destroyed the light. Kai I was mad,  I was mad at her foolishness, I was just mad because this is the light that you'll use too,  anyway I said I was going to report to the principal because what she did was vandalism.
Anyway the truth is I'm vindictive so I insulted the living daylight out of her,  in fact I was willing to beat her up but sha I calmed down.. Nobody supported her actually because this is the person that I've gone the extra mile for, sometimes I put off the fan even when it's hot because I want her comfort only for her to act irrationality.
Anyway, the long and short is I apologised.


The fact and the truth is we ain't perfect. In as much as I complain about her,  some other persons find me annoying and all too.. I'm not a religious person but I love God and I go to church every other week, I listen to preaching and I pray to God so last week when we had our house party, I publicly apologised to her and the next morning, I apologised one on one. I told myself there was no point keeping grudges and we'll see I'm future and not say hello to each other and stuffs. 
Life is too short to carry grudges. In the course of the day, many people will step on our toes and the next thing is to explode and keep malice but really, it'll leave you bitter and not better so my lovelies, take that bold step today and forgive no matter how hard it seems. 

PS I'll be MIA for some days. I write my posts before I type and I mistakingly packed my manuscripts and from today, I'll be up and down as I'm relocating finally back to Lagos from Sokoto. 

32 comments:

  1. Yeah very necessary to be at peace with all men even the Bible recommended it. It's good that you apologized. Safe trip on your journey back to Lagos.


    Www.trendwithgloria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice you taking the bold step to reconcile!
    Congrats on your passing out. I wish you the best in life - the labour market.
    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your pop dear, higher heights fromr here on for you.

    Forgiveness is necessary in life for inner peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We sacrifice a lot for peace so keep to that lane ....

    elitism6.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Amy and safe trip as you relocate.

    On the other hand,forgiveness is quite difficult. But then, we got no other choice than to forgive.
    Nma's Blog 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank God

    Atlast. We did this service year together but you refused to share the allowee with us shey?

    Taking that first step of apologising is really bold and it makes one stand out. It doesn't hurt to say "am sorry"

    God help us


    chincobee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyy welcome to the blogging family.
      Allowee wey no do self. Lol

      Delete
  8. Forgiveness is paramount - people annoy us and we annoy people as well but we have to forgive which is easier said than done. I'm sure you're glad to be done with national service - wishing you all the best nne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard but the Bible says as much as possible, we should be at peace with all men.

      Delete
  9. you are such a good person! that your roomate is something else.i wish i have that kinda heart to forgive easily.i am learning tho.

    congrats on your POP and welcome to the labour eerm favour market

    thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lool @ good person.
      My dear, I saw win in that girl's hands but I had to choose between being happy or being bitter.
      Thanks ma'am

      Delete
  10. You have patience ooo... Can't imagine having in roommate during service..can't deal...assumn my roomate nd i were close then i culd be the first to apologize but erm just a random erm friend..naaah...but i will learn to sha

    www.glowyshoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually very impatient jare.
      I've never had a roommate till nysc my dear!
      It was hard apologising when I knew I was right but I had to do it.

      Delete
  11. mehnnnnnn...Amaka please forgive me please. I know i don fuck up buh please forgive me. Thanks in anticipation of my forgiveness..hehe'

    In other news, why didn't you beat her up and then send pictures to us na...some people got no chill mehn. buh thanks for not beating her..hehe. How are you? Congratulations on your pop. can't believe its over a year... Welcome back maams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bolaji you're not forgiven *looks away*
      Thanks oh, atide

      Delete
  12. We've all got our limits. I think she crossed do line with the bulb ish. At least u for land am one or two slaps to reprogram her senses.








    Good to know you are done with service.















    #Mannie















    ... πŸ˜€πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘½

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lool I don't like fighting with my hands oh. Thank God it's over though. How's work?

      Delete
  13. Yyyyyyyyaaaayyy she is coming home :).. So this line got me the most.. the line that went "Life is too short to keep grudges" Baby mi... The truth is just as you said ehnnn.. NoBoRRy is perfect,.. Not you and definitely not me.. and another truth in this my confused naive head is that no matter how much we fight or quarrel.. we can never really change people for who they are.. So we have to just accept them for their imperfection and find the best in that regardless.. This was a mature read Bubba.. And i admire no scratch that! I RESPECT the fact that you buried the hatchet.. You go gurll..

    remember what Oliver de Coque said nah.. Mbili oh Mbili Kam Mbili (Live and let live) yeah.. It is a genuine way of life my happiness.. Cheers Bubba.. and the crowd goes Oooosshheey Turn uP! Welcome home Baby mi.. **winks.. See you soon Insha Allah...

    ReplyDelete