Wednesday, 29 July 2015

Ponder on this.


Sometimes in life, we get to a point where we feel we have arrived. Yes, I've been there. At 17, I thought I had gotten to my final bus stop relationship wise. The person I was seeing had me fantasising all the time. My friends knew him even though they had not met him but many things happened along the way... We broke up. I cried my eyes out, I thought I was going to die.. He cheated on me so I went on a heart breaking spree and the peace or fulfilment I was longing for never came, instead the gap was getting wider.
We tried to get back together, no he tried to convince me two years after,  I wanted to consider but I felt sleeping dogs should lie as different colours of waters had passed under the bridge.
It's been 8 years and all the love, hurt, pain I felt then doesn't matter again.

Once upon a time, I was starry eyed, I had no cares in the world. I never thought of where my next meal or allowance will come from because I knew it must come. I was so young juvenile, stubborn and all of that. Now,  I'm semi-independent, I've been thrust out into the real world where dogs eat dogs, where nothing is constant other than change. I look in the mirror and I no longer see that baby face (well, my face hasn't really changed though) and the realisation that I'm a grown woman has hit me and I'm struggling to keep up with the responsibilities that come with grown ups.
Whatever it is you're going through today, in some years time,  it wouldn't really matter again so make the best of today and live everyday like it's your last.

Good morning lovelies and have a great day! 

16 comments:

  1. Hmmmm great post.
    I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award check out details on my blog.



    Www.trendwithgloria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyy!! We are the versatile bloggers

      Delete
  2. That's so true...most things we are killing ourselves over won't even matter few months from now
    Nma's Blog 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post Amaka. I'm glad I found you here at last
    alabekee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyy.. Welcome dear. Sorry I didn't drop my link jare

      Delete
  4. Awesome post dear! honestly I was disappointed when it finished so quick. I wanted to read more. love it:)
    http://unbrydledopinion.blogspot.ca/
    http://gudrecipes.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by darling!!
      Comments like yours keeps me on my toes you know. I'm glad you loved the post.

      Delete
  5. Nice post! Greetings.

    ckjacob.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true, what we cherish most now, won't even matter in years to come.
    May God give us the grace to use our time wisely

    ReplyDelete