Thursday, 13 August 2015

Selective honesty

One of the foundations on which a long lasting relationship is built is honesty but to be candid  the way people act these days ehn! One might have to have a rethink.


I have a past (heck we all do) but boy,  I was very active. When I was serving,  I met a dude,  X.  I can't remember how we met but I was on the road when I got this call and he was like I gave him my digits a while ago but he was too busy blah blah blah, anyways we started hanging out often but he was just there and one thing about me is if I don't like you from scratch,  I will not grow to like you; no,  I don't grow to like people. It's either a hit or miss from day one (strange huh?). We were sha going out and I even had free access to his house to the point he wanted to give me the spare key but I said no!
Along the line, I met E and we hit it off almost immediately. Coincidentally, X and E stay in the same hood but I was less bothered though. One day,  E and I got talking and I told him I don't have a past but I mentioned X and fiam, he started acting one kind and I'm like ogini di? Did we have a anything? I'm just telling you so you'll know.

I've seen instances where guys especially pull out of a budding relationship because of a lady's history with the opposite sex.  As for me Seyon,  I only have one ex. Shikena magana! I no fit talk plenty when I say I have xyz number of exes because when say so,  the next assumption is that you had something intimate with all of them. As for me bruh, my legs are tied like a mermaid *tsk tsk*

I'm not saying you should not be honest oh but with the way guys go on and on about this thing,  use your tongue to count your teeth and not lie but withhold the truth till you meet someone who can deal with it after all this is Africa where it's a man's world and the ladies are expected to play the fool but anyway, since the hunter has learnt how to shoot without missing,  the bird has learnt how to fly without perching. 

21 comments:

  1. Sometimes honesty is the best things really. Great thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not disputing it but with childish boys everywhere ehn??

      Delete
    2. Lol! .......My dear, I dig your style, some truths are better not told, period!
      http://unbrydledopinion.blogspot.ca/
      http://gudrecipes.blogspot.ca/

      Delete
  2. I quite understand and can relate to this post. Yeah the way some guys behave these days makes ladies not want to open up.. It is well o




    www.trendwithgloria.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok u are not opening up don't be angry if I don't also open up too ...

      elitism6.blogspot.com

      Delete
    2. In your mind?? How will you know if I'm opening up or not??

      Delete
  3. Ahahahahahha yes ooo some guys are like that and thatz why some girls prefer to keep sealed lips to their past but really its better to let it all out. If he doesn't love you like he claim, let him go, na him sabi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not about him staying self after all soldier go, soldier come, barracks no dey empty

      Delete
  4. I don't think it's safe to tell it all... Nma's Blog 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes o! Not everything should be divulged until you are sure that the dude is here to stay. Some guys don't worth being told all the history.
    www.debrasmuse.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand your point, men of today really don't appreciate honesty.




    Help! My dog wants to run me down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. men are just too good at pointing fingers esp when it has to do wif body counts.... i swear they have the highest number buh them no go talk true. still they will be asking how many guys ve u been wif before me and i'm like " does it reli matter? shebi love covers a mulittude of sins???? selective honesty might not be the best but better safe than sory









      I was told
      The average girl begins to plan her wedding at age 7
      She picks the colours and the cake first
      By the age of 10
      She knows time,
      And location
      By 17 she CLICK HERE

      Delete
    2. My body count is my business oh jare

      Delete
  7. hehehehehhehehe @ legs tied like a Mermaid.. Aha! eezz neFer that deep nah.. Shuo! Untie them once in a while nah.. **Winks.. that being said Bubba.. Truth is we all have things that we are not so proud of us.. Past that make us cringe by merely remembering them.. But hey! That shouldn't stop us from Living nah.. and Enjoying this single shot at life ni.. Me I kukuma wanna end up marrying a Virgin.. I mean its always fun opening a new carton seal **Covers face.. But if i end up falling abi na Diving in Love with a Lady who has a ghen ghen past like me ehn.. Then What does it maRRa biko?! as long as the past doesnt affect my health and my kids future.. then Biko.. keep the past where the past belongs eh.. IN THE PAST!

    Cheers Bubba.. This was a ghen ghen read.. I llllooovvveeeeeeT when you talk from your heart Amaka.. Its always Endearing to read..

    P.S; Biko Untie the legs small eh! heheh iKid.. Do as you please Bubba.. Cheers and the crowd goes.. Wink..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As usual! So nice to read from you and no, my legs are sewn in fact.

      Delete
  8. i concur with your points jawe.guys can be funny you know

    ReplyDelete