Saturday, 5 September 2015

Grammar 101

Hiya hiya!! Whataguan?? I'm so grateful for the kind words y'all dropped on my last post; I've actually moved on since,  but there's something about the way I write when it's coming from my heart though... No, I'm not closing the blog down but I might not be regular because of my job but I'll try though.

I never believed dreams come true but mine did, I mean I had the best first day of the month ever since I was born. Anyway the story will come in batches when it's time.... As usual, it's time for our Saturday lessons.

1. Gibe, gybe and jibe. 
Gibe means to taunt, jeer, make fun of.  Ex: His class mates gibes him. 
Gybe means to swing a fore and aft sail from one side of a sailboat to the other side to change course. 
Ex: When the wind shifted, Felix gybed when he should have tacked. 
Jibe refers to being in agreement. 
Ex: Our views of life seems to jibe. 

2. Gorilla and guerrilla. 
A Gorilla is a large ape. 
Ex: Gorillas live in Africa. 
A guerrilla is a member of irregular military that uses surprise attack on it's enemies. 
Ex: Guerrilla warfare uses technologies such as espionage, sabotage and ambush. 


Happy September guys! 

15 comments:

  1. You might not blog regularly, and now you keep us in suspense - this gist that you want to unveil in batches... Na wa o! Please consider and do not keep us waiting too long for another post... I am loving this space.

    Thanks for updating my dictionary.

    Do have a great weekend.

    Cheers!
    Egwumba’s Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so looking forward to your story my love - wow didn't know about gybe - goes to show we learn everything

      Delete
    2. Keep your fingers crossed dear

      Delete
  2. Am glad the month is going well for you... We can't wait to hear it all..
    For the words?? Thanks always something new to learn.





    Www.trendwithgloria.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am glad the month is going well for you... We can't wait to hear it all..
    For the words?? Thanks always something new to learn.





    Www.trendwithgloria.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you don't know the difference between guerrilla and gorilla your case is on appeal inn the law court

    Bolateethole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok noted

    Work small with plenty money biko!!!

    Enjoy dear

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the grammatical lessons, I appreciate
    www.alabekee.com

    ReplyDelete