Saturday, 24 October 2015

Now that you have been mobilised

Hello lovelies, trust we had a great night rest? How is Saturday turning up coming?? I'm turning down oh as I need my sleep jare.
Okay, this is a  post in response to the questions several prospective otondos have been asking me about what to expect on camp; btw camp opens on Wednesday so here is wishing all of you safe trip to your various camps.

*bat eyelashes*







 I still remember vividly the day I got my call up letter and saw Sokoto, I was too shocked to cry, in fact I did not cry till three days after, any hoo, I'm sure y'all are through with the tears and ready to face the future. 
Now, here is a list of what you need and what you don't need on camp.

You'll need
  • extra packs of white shirt (I went with three packs)
  • extra white shorts
  • extra white socks with green and white at the top (plain white is not allowed)
  • toiletries
  • spoon
  • food flask
  • a fanny pack (popularly called waist pouch)
  • face wipes (the rigorous activities will make you sweat a lot)
  • packs of chewing gum (I needed it to stay alert)
  • stationery
  • a note
  • a power bank or extra battery if your battery is removable
  • earpiece
  • ipod (or any other music player)
  • make up
  • mosquito net (but if you were posted to Sokoto, don't bother, we slept on the floor)
  • milk, chocolate drink, cornflakes (well, I'll say don't bother too because I did not touch mine)
  • extra tennis shoes
  • buckets (don't bring from home oh, you'll buy on camp)
  • gum (for your documentation because the ones that have will be feeling fly)
  • bed spread + pillow case
  • three mufti (you might want to go to church or leave camp to use the atm plus after camp, you'll need them while doing your documentation before you travel)
  • flipflop
  • 16 passport sized photographs
  • your statement of result and call up letter
  • white hijab if you are a muslim sister (you can't use any other colour)
  • white cardigan (in case you feel cold)
  • condom (if you can't hold your body)
  • cash
  • Sunshade if you're going up north 
  • A good cream with sunscreen if you're going up north 
  • Water can 
  • Disinfectant 
  • Bleach and detergent plus sponge for washing your tennis 
  • Peg 
  • Two or three plastic hangers 
  • padlocks
 You do not need the following
  • a fork (they'll say it's a weapon)
  • very expensive phones
  • a camera (it might be seized from you but you'll get it on the last day)
  • stove or gas (you are not going there to cook)
  • canned food (no microwave oh)
  • knife
  • coloured socks
  • coloured footwears (except for use outside of the parade ground)
  • Iron 
  • Spray starch 
  • Noodles 

The truth is you need very minimal stuffs to take, the most important for me was money because I never stepped into the kitchen to queue for the apology of a meal we were being fed, learn how to manage your time, saed lectures were boring plus the skill acquisition was crap but make good use of it if they are serious in your state, join OBS (orientation broadcasting service), don't allow any soldier esp the parade commanders deceive you that he will influence your posting, they are liars, participate in sports (I learnt how to play badminton there), don't drink to stupor, don't have sex (you read that right oh, I did not kiss talk less of sex on camp besides ebola and std is real), make friends, don't love stupidly, don't pay to those video guys, most times your face won't even show and finally, don't escape parade like me *grinning*

Enjoy these three weeks

5 comments:

  1. Condom?..... Hehehe. I also carried odorless insecticide just to spray around my area. Don't know if it worked but I noticed I didn't get malaria while I was there and months after.

    You have all the basics covered. How have you been?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes oh, condoms.
      Thanks for the extra tip dear . I've been good oh.

      Delete
  2. This is so useful for the newly mobilised. The extra white T-Shirts and Short and a food flask were the main things I took to camp my time... I remembers those days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of days as a corper! Corper weeeee

    Bolateethole.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete