Sunday, 25 October 2015

So much to be thankful for.

I'm just sitting on my bed and reflecting on my life. Earlier in the day, I went to my younger cousin's  school as today is visiting day and I saw the way the students sat outside the hall waiting for their loved ones; in the end, some parents will fail to show up and the affected students will definitely cry themselves to sleep tonight.


We really take many things for granted. The fact that you sleep and wake up isn't normal, neither is it your right. Do you take time to say "Father thank you"   when you wake up?  You go out and come back,  no scratch whatsoever, is it your making? 
As I reflect on my life, I'm nothing but thankful. I have course mates who are still doing their spill in school, I know peeps who died during our service year. I mean, I passed out out in July and I've collected salary for three months, is it my making?? I'm not where I thought I'll be but I don't hold any grudge against God, neither do I sit down everyday to moan my "plight". Do you have an attitude of thanksgiving?? If no, please cultivate it today and also join me in singing "we thank Thee" by Jim Reeves.. You can download it to get the tune. 

We thank Thee each morning for a new born day 
Where we may work the fields of new mown hay 
We thank Thee for the sunshine and air that we breathe 
We thank Thee 

We thank Thee for the rivers that run all day
We thank Thee for the little birds that sing away
We thank Thee for the trees and the deep blue sea 
Oh Lord, we thank Thee 

Oh yes,  we thank Thee Lord for every flower that blooms 
Birds that sing, fish that swim and the light of the moon 

We thank Thee everyday as we kneel and pray 
That we were born with eyes to see these things

We thank Thee for the fields where the clovers grow 
We thank Thee for the pastures where the castles may roam 
We thank Thee for thy love so pure and free 
Oh Lord we thank Thee 

Oh yes we thank Thee Lord for every flower that blooms 
Birds that sing, fish that swim and the light of the moon 

We thank Thee everyday as we kneel and pray
That we were born with eyes to see these things 

We thank Thee for the fields where the clovers grow 
We thank Thee for the pastures where the cattle may roam 
We thank Thee for thy love so pure and so free 
Oh Lord we thank Thee 


2 comments:

  1. I thank you God for everything you have done, and what you are about to do.

    Bolateethole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete