Tuesday, 3 November 2015

Friend Zone

Once upon a time I used to think that friend zone existed in my head and not on planet earth but events have proven me otherwise.


So you see, I used to have a friend, I honestly can’t recall his name now, he works with KPMG (big boy things), we met on twitter (my bff has given up on me and my many online escapades) after a while we moved to whatsapp. When we got talking on whatsapp we practically spent the whole day talking about everything.
Along the line he was like he wasn’t ready to date, the last girl he dated fleeced him, in my mind I was like hian oga wait let me fall first before you start to feel yourself bros. somehow the calls and chats became far inbetween so one day bobo called me and accused me oh, we sha got talking on whatsapp again, he then called me one endearing name, I tackled him immediately and an argument ensued that lasted days. In the end, he was like I had zone him, I was taking his love for granted and I was like chelukwa, did you even ask me out?
I have been accused of zoning so many of my male friends although some exaggerate.

 I guess the person whose zoning is on another plane is xxx. He is on big brother zone but he has no choice because there is no where he can push me to *bats eyelashes*

Back to the matter, it seems ladies have been painted to be the main culprit of zoning but I beg to differ, the truth is at one point of our lives most of us have been zoned besides I can’t possibly agree to every proposal I get nah! It is even more annoying when the guy hasn’t said anything and along the line, I meet another guy that sweeps me off my feet and it’s at that point he speaks up like what am I supposed to do? Place you on maga zone?

One chief reason why girls zone guys is when guys act like if you don’t date them, they’ll die. Nna I hate it when a guy acts desperately! Fine, initially the attraction is usually stronger from one person but that seemingly act of desperation to be with me puts me off. Love is a verb not a noun. You actions should speak for you not like everytime you call or text, you broach the subject.

Also, wait for common grounds and physical attraction before you make the move. Else you might be placed where you don’t like oh! Don’t gan be acting like a father figure, not everybody likes it. It’s also good to figure out what the other person wants before you make your move.

Everybody knows am short and I’ve already said several times I want  a tall guy so any short guy that is thinking before you talk your answer is no before we would look like pygmies from Congo while walking down the street.

The truth is most times after blurting out your feelings, things might not be the same especially if you two were good friends before one person caught feelings, you might have to bring the close friendship down to the acquaintance level.
You might feel jealous, angry especially if immediately after zoning you, you see them dating. Yes, it’s okay but trust me, with time and a healthy attitude, you’ll be fine!!

             Rest on Temitope Lamina aka Latina. We love you, but he loves you more and may He grant your soul and the souls of other faithful departed eternal repose.

11 comments:

  1. Lolz you are funny.. Plus some guys will want a girl to be a mind reader hian.. I once had that experience..







    Www.trendwithgloria.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, must everything between man and woman boils down to relationship? I think friend Zone only exist when two of you meet each other on social network. Women should also be careful how they open up everything about them to a man...... Except you're flirting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should be asking you hunnay because I never implied that.

      Delete
  3. Very deep post. Truth is, we can't date everyone who finds us attractive and nurtures romantic feelings towards us. So Friendzone must a landmark in our lives. That said, it's better to be on that zone than to share a toxic relationship.

    I miss it here. Hullo everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very deep post. Truth is, we can't date everyone who finds us attractive and nurtures romantic feelings towards us. So Friendzone must a landmark in our lives. That said, it's better to be on that zone than to share a toxic relationship.

    I miss it here. Hullo everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant count how many guys I have friendzoned knowingly and unknowingly... and I have been friendzoned once but as a bad sharp girl, i turned the table around and friendzoned the friendzonee...hehe...

    www.mylifeasmoby.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot what I wanted to write. Nice writeup tho. ��

    ReplyDelete