Thursday, 31 December 2015

My top 10 9ja jamz 2015

In few hours, we'll bid 2015 goodbye... The year that marked a turning point in our history as a nation. Well, so many events made the year memorable and one of such is the music, yes, Nigerian music has evolved from the highlife and apala to some afropop eccentric something.
Music is life, for me that is and I'd like for us to share our top 10 songs that was always on autorepeat... Here goes >>
10. Collabo by Psquare ft Donjazzy.

I love love the lyrics of collabo.. And the video?? I can watch it all day.

9. Duro by Tekno.
So I had to love this song when I travelled to the East in August and all the shops in Onitsha were blasting "baby kpalango". Very danceable song with a fusion of highlife.

8. Melo Melo by Olamide.

 I fell in love with this song when Dehinde performed it on pf8. As usual, Olamide didn't disappoint with his folk style song laced with proverbs.
7. Celebrate by Wizkid
Celebrate is the 15th song off Wizkid's sophomore album and it was produced by Shizzy. I love the lyrics, I love the beats, in fact it's been my ringing tone for over a month now.
6. Awww by Dija

 From the stables of Mavin records produced by Donjazzy comes this beautiful love song. Nice lyrics.

5. Sade by Adekunle Gold


 The beats sounds like one direction's story of my life but with afrobeat twist. Lovely song, lovely lyrics.

4. Orente by Adekunle Gold

 I  didn't know much about him till I came back from Sokoto. YBNL signee dropped this love song after Sade didn't say yes. This one is for the ladies.

3. Igbeyawo by Oritsefemi the international super star.


This track was produced by fliptice. Despite the baby mama and rape drama, our international super star musical taliban dropped this hit track sometimes in August. I'm sure this song was played in virtually every wedding that took place from August till the end of the year.

2. Ojuelegba by Wizkid.
From the Ayo album comes this club banger that rocked my phone this year. Produced by Legendury beatz with afrobeat undertone. I can listen to it everyday, all day.

1. Pray for me by Darey ft Soweto gospel choir.

This song is a mid tempo, Afro soul groove featuring the two time Grammy award winning Soweto gospel choir. This song has this folklike undertone, like someone telling a story, in this case Darey telling an inspiring story about you being who you want to be against all odds.

So what songs did you rock this year??





13 comments:

  1. Have a prosperous new year, and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Amaka nwa. God's blessings and favour to you and your household!

    Sassymumsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year to you and your blog family. May God help us to attain success. IJN



    Www.trendwithgloria.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Why is Inyanya not here Na?.What of Applaudise?.





      irenebernards.blogspot.com

      Delete
  5. Yaaaay! Number 2 did it for me. I do not download music on my phones but the day I heard this song, OMG. ..it has been my ring tone, and am loving it


    Www.bolatitoblog.com

    ReplyDelete