Thursday, 3 March 2016

Little eyes upon you

There are little eyes upon upon you
And they are watching night and day

There are little ears that quickly
Take in every word you say

There are little hands all eager
To do anything you do

And a little boy who is dreaming
Of the day he'll be like you
You're the wisest of the wise
In his little mind
About you, no suspision ever arises
He believes in you devoutly
Holds all that you say and do
He will say and do in your way
When he's grown up like you

There's a wide eyed little fellow
Who believes you're always right
And his eyes are always opened
And he watches night and day

You're setting an example
Everyday in all you do
For the little boy who's waiting
To grow up to be like you

Lovelies, believe me, you are someone's idol, someone's role model, there is someone in whose eyes you can never go wrong. One of the most frightening moment of my life was when some kids were like "aunty, we love you, when we grow up we want to be like you" tears welled up in my eyes immediately, I went weak in the knees, my palms started sweating, my heart was racing faster than Usain Bolt, conflicting thoughts started arising within me. I sat down slowly and started to xray my life, I asked myself if I was worthy of being a role model with my short fuse temper. That was a major turning point in my life. I just had to try to be the perfect girl because trust kids to take in everything we do quick!
The way it happened to me, am sure it is the same for everyone of us. Let's  try to be the best in everything we do, remember, a person of character meets the demands of duty, is accountable, pursues excellence and exercises self control.

2 comments:

  1. so true ,thats how my landlady househelp she wants to be dressing like me when she is old enough,that means the girl has been watching the way i dress,wow!

    www.bolatitoblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know who is watching your every move! That's why we should be mindful

      Delete