10. He is not your boyfriend until he calls you his girlfriend or agrees to be exclusive. End of story.
11. When you have a problem with his lifestyle, speak up before you get really angry. If you don't tell him that his partying bugs you, you'll Eventually explode on him - not a smart communication technique.
12. Let him be the first to say the L Word. Men generally need more time to process emotions and voice them. Hearing it could make him feel cornered.
13. If you need a define this relationship talk, initiate it while walking with your guy. Low-key activity lowers his stress hormone levels, which rise when he's forced to chat about his emotions.
14. Hang out with happy couples he knows and thinks are cool. When he sees commitment as a fun thing, he'll become more comfortable with it.
15. If you think you want to marry a guy, wait to move in until you're engaged. Otherwise, he'll feel less incentive to take the next step.
16. Shacking up while you're engaged is a smart move. Cohabiting presents a host of challanged that are best handled prior to marriage. (I don't agree though).
17. Deliver an ultimatum to get a commitment only if you're prepared to walk away. Be firm about expectations and give him a deadline.
18. You cannot force a guy to cut ties with his past.....but explain why his hanging out with an ex or a cokehead friend hurts you. If he really cares, he'll respect your wishes or tell you why he needs continued contact.
19. Cut your guy some slack if he promises you'll be engaged once he reaches a goal, like finishing grad shool. But give him only nine months, after that to make good on his word.